562xp problems!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did.....they told me see what dealer says where the saw is at now...if it becomes a problem let them know and they'll get me fixed up.

They are working on it...I haven't called this week. I will be calling tomorrow to see where they're at...the mechanic told me he is suspecting an air leak

Just talked to the dealership...working on it and he said he's been in talks with husqvarna and they are suspecting an air leak. The dealership is helpful, although things aren't happening for me very fast. They have ordered the auto tune software and seem eager to learn and use it which is a plus. No one else seems to have it or care to around here. I'll update as soon as I know something, but I assume they're gonna try and fix it with a new top end...is this acceptable? Or would you fight for a new saw? I think it should be replaced due to the low hours...I didn't give almost $700 to buy a rebuilt saw

More likely, it is about another problematic user, and/or dealer. You have to have a little bit of technical insight to serve those saws - and you obviously failed! ;):lol:
The funny thing is Niko, is that to sell new professional grade Husqvana's a dealer is NOT required to have the basic diagnotic tools required to serve their customers. Actually the ones that know what they are doing and can properly service the product they sell are a small minority of dealers. Stihl has rules about the way their products are sold and marketed, dealers have minimum requirements they MUST fulfill to be dealers. Big box stores are NOT the major focus of their products.

The funny thing is Niko, is that to sell new professional grade Husqvana's a dealer is NOT required to have the basic diagnotic tools required to serve their customers. Actually the ones that know what they are doing and can properly service the product they sell are a small minority of dealers. Stihl has rules about the way their products are sold and marketed, dealers have minimum requirements they MUST fulfill to be dealers. Big box stores are NOT the major focus of their products.
That may be true, but the small hardware store I took it to that's never sold auto tune anything stepped right up and ordered what's needed, and took care of it! That's a great dealer and I'll definataly be going back now that I know theyre around, although about 25 minutes away. Only frustrating part is he didn't say what went wrong with the saw, the mechanic was tied up when I called them back. I'll be sure to dig into that when I pick up the new unit

This might be stating the obvious, but I always shake my mixed fuel before filling the saw, if you didn't, could the oil of separated from the fuel, and you just poured the top half of fuel in with the oil sitting in the bottom of the drum? I don't know if it works like that but just a theory?

Not sure, but they didn't blame the fuel, and the guy was suspecting an air leak. I'll dig a little deeper when I pick up the new unit

That's good to know.
I presume piston damage would look very diferent if it's from bad fuel or an air leak.

Been told caster oil will but no others should although I do shake my gas can before filling....not sure why hahaha !
I guess I always saw Dad shake the gas can before fueling, so I do as well. Kind of like shaking the milk jug because the cream would separate.........we usually had an Angus cow that lost her calf and we had some GOOOOD milk and cream to enjoy!

Bs.

A local hardware store started selling Stihl a few years back. Asked them if they had any Zama C3M carb kits, the look on his face was priceless. His answer, we only sell Still products sir. All it takes to become a dealer is money, it doesn't matter if you have a gold Tec or the proper service equipment, as long as the money is flowing in Stihl doesn't care. If you're a dealer of 50 years and sails are sliding, Stihl presses for more sales, often increases pricing and threatens to drop you. So Stihl does much the same as Husqvarna, just quieter.

Our shop has had two 562s and one 550xp this happened to.two was airleaks.crank bearing leaking and one the cylinder wasnt torqued properly.the other was straight gassed and the diagnostic said thecarb got to 141 degrees.luckily they had all been customers for over 30 years and the boss got new saws for all three.we recomend shindaiwa red armor and 93 non ethanol from shell if its available.we've seen a drastic drop in damage and repairs with this combo.hope it helps someone

Back