Which chainsaw is used on the song “the lumberjack”

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie294life

Brush Popper and Amateur Tree Butcher
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Just a fun question, anyone know the make and model of the chainsaw used for the song “the lumberjack” by Jackyl? I’m assuming it’s a stihl, because that’s all I’ve ever seen them use in photos or live.

Just a fun question, anyone know the make and model of the chainsaw used for the song “the lumberjack” by Jackyl? I’m assuming it’s a stihl, because that’s all I’ve ever seen them use in photos or live.
Looks like a Jonsered 535, both the one on stage and the silver one in the video

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

It would be very difficult to tell what it was just based on the sound, especially if it had been altered in any way.

In concert back in the day, back around the time the song came out, Dupree introduced his saw as "the jonsered....455...turbocharged chainsaw". (His words not mine) On the live album (night of the living dead) he also says the same thing.

Surprisingly, He did do the revving, braking, etc all with a working saw back then. He also sawed up a few things, in my opinion to showcase that he did in fact have a chain.

In concert back in the day, back around the time the song came out, Dupree introduced his saw as "the jonsered....455...turbocharged chainsaw". (His words not mine) On the live album (night of the living dead) he also says the same thing.

Surprisingly, He did do the revving, braking, etc all with a working saw back then. He also sawed up a few things, in my opinion to showcase that he did in fact have a chain.
Makes sense to me, the 455 & 535 I believe are the same chassis, just different displacement

Makes sense to me, the 455 & 535 I believe are the same chassis, just different displacement

I use husky and stihl almost exclusively. Until TSC started selling jonesered badged saws we just didnt see them locally. (And I've never known anyone to buy one of those either) So I didnt know if a 455 was accurate back then or even a real saw. That was mid 90s.
About the only jonesered I've seen in real use locally was a cousin who had to have the biggest and newest of everything......He claimed it to be 120cc or more saw. He claimed a lot though, so we ignored it. It did dwarf our newer 90 and 94cc saws but I thought maybe it was just older. Had a more square body to it. He eventually straight gassed it before I could convince him to sell it for next to nothing to buy a newer one. No idea what ever went with it.

Latest posts

Back