Solo 680

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farley9n

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a nice low time Solo 680 that needs a coil to be complete. If anyone out there can point me towards one I'd love it. I want to get this saw running! I have also picked up two Jonesred 111's and will be needing some parts for those also. One is pretty much complete but wants to kick back when pulled even with the compression release on so I think the timing is too advanced. ( either that I'm a bit too wimpy ) Any help much appreciated.....Bob

Solo 680 Coil

Thanks for your interest in selling this saw but I really am looking forward to using it this year. Hopefully some one wiil lead me towards a coil for it. This is the time of the year that my son in law gets me into fire wood cutting and always the big stuff. The Solo with it's 32" bar should take some of the pressure off the Husky 272xp and the Homelite 925.
Bob Anderson (farley9n) 541-726-9117

I have several solo parts saws. Email me a pic of the type of ignition you need.

Solo 680 coil wanted

Here are 3 pictures that show the 680 and what the coil looks like. The coil is a Prufrex model CE123/8 made in west Germany. So far no luck but some interesting and informative emails........bob

Coil Found!

I have a coil! (Cost an arm but was able to save the leg.) THANKS to all who responded! This has been a very fun and informative experience and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again and probally will with the Jonesred 111's.
Thanks again.....Bob Anderson (farley9n)

Hi Farley,
You seem like a pretty nice and helpful individual.
Would you so happen to be able to locate a Solo 680 barrel?
Thanks in advance.
John

Solo Cylinder

Sorry John! I don't have any other Solo parts. In fact I am still waiting on the inside flywheel shroud before putting mine into action. Parts for this model Solo are very hard to come by and those that have them don't let go without a major contribution. Are they really that good? I doubt that I will be doing any 5 cubic inch class racing but I am planing on some woods mods after I get it running as a stocker for a base line. For now the Jonsered 111s is doing the Cottonwood that I had been saving for this Solo ........Bob

PS....Thanks for the "Butter Job" on my character!

Latest posts

Back