What's on your bench?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what has seemed to be my experience...

The cheapies will sell to the homeowners, I find, atleast around here...

but when you have a 6-800 brush cutter, your lucky to get 200 if it's nice... although VERY useful when clearing land, or having alot of farm/ walls, etc :dizzy:

gotcha.. makes sense! good work on the blowers... :cheers:

I have taken the engines off them and sold them to hobbyists for use on power boat models. We had one at work that had one on a model plane! It was a huge thing..I think the old McCullochs and Echo engines are the most popular, made by Koritz. I still have a couple left.

All but one is running and going back into service. One FS80R had some scoring on the piston and I scavenged it for parts. The 90s needed the valves adjusted badly. One has a bad coil, not allowing it to rev up. I swapped coils with another to diagnose.

All but one is running and going back into service. One FS80R had some scoring on the piston and I scavenged it for parts. The 90s needed the valves adjusted badly. One has a bad coil, not allowing it to rev up. I swapped coils with another to diagnose.

Try taking the high out 2-3 turns, sometimes the 4 mix engines just need more fuel, alot more fuel.
They act like a bad coil, and won't come up to full RPMS, I have a lot of 4 mix motors out there anywhere from 1.5-3 turns out on the needles.

Last edited:
Try taking the high out 2-3 turns, sometimes the 4 mix engines just need more fuel, alot more fuel.
They act like a bad coil, and won't come up to full RPMS, I have a lot of 4 mix motors out there anywhere from 1.5-3 turns out on the needles.

I did fiddle with the carbs. Swapping the coil was an immediate fix. It wouldn't rev at all. It was hitting the limiter right off idle.

How the hell did you drop, limb and buck 27 trees in an afternoon? I'm beat after two lol.:nosebleed:

I've seen Brad's felling videos. It's like a Hamster on speed...

mouse #### and plenty of it,second plague this year:angry::angry:

Yup. They are everywhere here too. We've sold pallets and pallets of mouse and rat bait at work. It's becoming hard to get...

You ain't experienced nothing until you experience a plague of these furry tailed little mother's.

attachment.php

We've got them as a problem too. They've chewed straight through the air conditioning ductwork in my ceiling the little bastards - foil and fibreglass. In fact I can hear them running around as I'm typing this...

Worst thing about rats is that they're smart. They don't like taking baits and are very wary little turds...
Worst thing about mice is they get in anywhere and get into everything...

I've seen Brad's felling videos. It's like a Hamster on speed...

Yup. They are everywhere here too. We've sold pallets and pallets of mouse and rat bait at work. It's becoming hard to get...

We've got them as a problem too. They've chewed straight through the air conditioning ductwork in my ceiling the little bastards - foil and fibreglass. In fact I can hear them running around as I'm typing this...

Worst thing about rats is that they're smart. They don't like taking baits and are very wary little turds...
Worst thing about mice is they get in anywhere and get into everything...

Don't they have big ugly Tom Cats there down under?
Get about 6 of them, and tunr them loose.
That should take care of your rodent problems.
:rock:

Right now I got a lil Stihl 021 on the bench. It just needs a logger pull cord. What a trail saw!
"I have a potty mouth" you woodticks! Lol

Hmmm...

Husky 350- new jug, piston, muff, and fixing a hole in the oil tank.
Stihl 064- new piston, BB later on.
Solo 667- new bearings, seals, piston, now trying to find a coil.
Dolmar 111- carb problems.
Dolmar 133- trying to find a coil.
Woodsplitter- carb problems.
@adam32, you ever find a coil for the Solo 667? I need one myself...
How was your saw behaving? Woukd it start and run intermittently and die after a few seconds (maybe 30 max)? That's what mine is doing...

Marshy, try a new spark plug if you havent already. Ive had the same thing happen. Plug would heat up quickly and open when installed. Showed spark when removed and grounded to cylinder. Saw would start and run, then die and barely try to start until it cooled. Then repeat process.

Latest posts

Back