Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut another 3 Red Maple on Friday (the pic shows 2 stumps), then started changing the bearing on my wood splitter. Seems it was a bit worn!

Had to go to 2 different places, then back again for the seals. Had never replaced a race in a wheel before, but got it done with a hammer, nail set and a socket (although I did not have a socked as large as I wanted, it still provided more surface area than the nail punch for inserting the new race). So I took it all apart on Fri afternoon, and put it all back together on Sat morning. The other side seemed good, but I did it anyway. Good thing I did, everything was all wet in there. Replaced the seal and repacked the bearings … does not have grease fittings!

I then went to a Memorial trap shoot yesterday afternoon. I had not shot trap in about 2 decades. Only go 15 the first round, but was not upset about it at all. Then started the second round … 0 for 3!!! Got mad at myself, and finished with 18! Hey, I'll take 18 of 22 any day!

So I biked with the Grandkids this morning (hauled my 5 year old Granddaughter behind me), then in the afternoon went to practice with my bow, archery season is approaching, and every year that darn bow is tougher to pull back (and I have already let up on the draw weight twice in recent years).

I use 4 practice arrows and shoot 20, 30, 40 and 50 yds respectively, each time. My last set, both the 40 and 50 were in the white, and the 50 yd was in the X, so I figured it was time to quit!

Hopefully, I'll find a deer next month! Have not got one with the bow for quite a while … part of the problem is cross bow now opens 11/2!
If we're not to busy running saws at the GTG :omg: I'll let you shoot my crossbow Mike . I thought I was done bow hunting when I messed my shoulder up but then I shot my buddies. I'm 2 for 3 in the last 3 years. The one I missed was because I hit a branch.

Thanks Steve, but I have one, took a Buck with it two years ago (last year's deer fell to the MZ). I believe it is a CenterPoint, and shoots 370 FPS. It hits hard!

Since (in NY) Crossbow season replaced most of longbow season, I just have not connected with the long bow in a long time.

I wondered that myself. I've never had any before, but read on here about its color. It was a single round mixed in with a tree service load.
I noodled it just judging by its looks but it was not necessary
Not going with mulberry. Never had any that had the streaks in it like your pic. All I have cut is a solid yellow inside.

Not going with mulberry. Never had any that had the streaks in it like your pic. All I have cut is a solid yellow inside.

Some of mine was streaked similar to that.
ba482d53ae562cb3eaf19a0d58997f92.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 759376 Steve, got my chain! I'm ready, hope I can make it.
I'm tryin Steve, I'm tryin. We are going on a family weekend Sat, but I can take my truck and swing by your place for a couple hours then meet up with the rest of the family. I need a log to try the Poulan out on!

I knew as soon as I saw that "stihl" sticker I knew something was up, then I saw the new bar and was like :rock:.
Are you retiring the other, or just wanted to get another before they dry up.
The other needs some looking at because it doesn't seem to be oiling right and since I knew that there was a couple sitting in boxes I decided to grab one .
Stickers are ordered lol

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

The other needs some looking at because it doesn't seem to be oiling right and since I knew that there was a couple sitting in boxes I decided to grab one .
Stickers are ordered lol

Bummer, but good that's the only issue.
The oiling systems on the saws are very simple, once you tear it apart you'll probably figure it out very quick. Keep us informed of what you find or ask questions if you need to.
They are great little saws, I haven't ran mine in a while, I should probably get it out. I ran the 261cm v2 this weekend. the ms201cm rear handle, the pole saw 101(maybe I forget) and a lightly modded 346, all did well except the one time the 261 fell on it's face after refueling:crazy2::lol:.
Nice, it will be looking like a battery saws soon enough lol.

Hard luck kiwi, that sounds bad.
Thanks. Crazy thing is it's just sticking a few bits of timber to other bits of timber. Nothing any sane person would get so worked up about. Was thinking this morning I must live a privileged life if that's a peak-stress moment.

Thanks.
Feeling the best I have yet :)..
Great, hope it continues.

Hey, I couldn't refuse this project...because they never asked me. They don't even know it's coming. If they did they'd turn it down. They are the types to put everyone but themselves first and won't accept any gifts and seldom accept any help. I'm privileged to be someone they have let into their bad times, which have been too many over the last 5 or so years, and this gift is just my way of letting them know some good things can come from some dark times and places so don't give up and keep battling, which they have done and I'm so happy they are finally crawling out the other side with their marriage and family intact. Thats the cause of the stress, wanting to get it perfect for them. Will have to settle for pretty good but room for improvement. It is what it is. If they don't like the imperfections I'll offer them a full refund. What's 100% of zero?

Thanks. Crazy thing is it's just sticking a few bits of timber to other bits of timber. Nothing any sane person would get so worked up about. Was thinking this morning I must live a privileged life if that's a peak-stress moment.

Hey, I couldn't refuse this project...because they never asked me. They don't even know it's coming. If they did they'd turn it down. They are the types to put everyone but themselves first and won't accept any gifts and seldom accept any help. I'm privileged to be someone they have let into their bad times, which have been too many over the last 5 or so years, and this gift is just my way of letting them know some good things can come from some dark times and places so don't give up and keep battling, which they have done and I'm so happy they are finally crawling out the other side with their marriage and family intact. Thats the cause of the stress, wanting to get it perfect for them. Will have to settle for pretty good but room for improvement. It is what it is. If they don't like the imperfections I'll offer them a full refund. What's 100% of zero?
Just keep at it man, it will work out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end yet. I know how you feel!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

You are a good human! I'm sure it will be perfect to them and the meaning will mean just as much!

Stickers are ordered lol

Well, truth be told, I used the oiling issue as an excuse lol
But they have 1 more [emoji41]

Maybe you should get checked out then, but then again you're saying you may be insane so maybe you're just fine :laugh:.

Seems to have been, woke up feeling great and went downhill, but other days the hill was a lot steeper :rare2:, so :).

Sounds like the best kind of project and the most deserving folks, makes sense why you are doing it :cheers:.

Back