Husqvarna 576XPs ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone who owns both, along with a 461, the 460 and the 461 will not outcut the 576

My experience hasn't been the same, albeit with a 575XP (not sure how much difference there is between the 575 & 576 saws). I ran mine for years with a 372XP and Stihl 460, and the 460 always pulled harder than either Husqvarna. In fact, I used the 372 & 575XP's for 20-24" bars, and the 460 has worn a 28" for the last few years.

My experience hasn't been the same, albeit with a 575XP (not sure how much difference there is between the 575 & 576 saws). I ran mine for years with a 372XP and Stihl 460, and the 460 always pulled harder than either Husqvarna. In fact, I used the 372 & 575XP's for 20-24" bars, and the 460 has worn a 28" for the last few years.
I ran the 575s too and even though there are some differences in the cylinder, piston, and ports, I never could really tell that the 576 was any faster than the 575. To be fair, Ive only owned 1 461 and 1 460. The 460 has been a beast of a bullet proof saw! Its been ran every day at work for close to 10 years I bet and its not had a single issue other than normal wear and tear stuff. The 461 came to me as a nearly new saw that had been crushed. Fuel tank, handle bar, plastics, etc... but the engine was undamaged. I replaced all the broken parts and it ran MAYBE a month before the top end went south. I replaced the piston with a meteor, cleaned up the jug, and it ran MAYBE 2 months before the bottom end went. Ive now rebuilt the whole dang thing and it still wont cut with a 576. The 460 never would either. YMMV. In fact, when we go to work, Im normally packing 8 saws. 2 390xps, 2 562xps, a 576xpAT, a Jred version of a 575xp, the 460 and the 461. The 461 is ABSOLUTELY the LAST saw any of my crew will grab off the truck!

I just got home from falling 6 or 7 80 foot poplars in my neighbors yard..

Thinking of this thread I through a bar and chain on my 576 and figured Id run the today along side ny 562.

576 ran real good today and man is ut fast and smooth. Shes a good saw!

My son-in-law has a non auto tune 576XP. It's a very nice saw. If I didn't have my Dol-Kita 79 cc saw, I would strongly consider the 576XP.

JQ
Just finished rebuilding a 576 carb saw. Easy to work on and well built. Saw is a pro's saw run on gas. Dirty, good parts and rolled over bar. Had to be cutting like crap, bar wider than chain

Stepping back to last year I purchased many good running 570’s. I gave one to my youngest son read on line about the failures but says he’s running it up north cleaning up my land. He’s surprised how good it runs. I have a 575 that’s just broken in that runs great,

I don’t understand what makes the bearing seize on the clutch side?
It’s either of three things,
1. too lean on oil mix?
2. Dirt got in through the airfilter lack of maintenance?
3. Wrong size on the bearing bore

My 576 is on the bench in the background. Non AT. Used it in Georgia on pine and oak, and using it in Alaska on some larger cottonwood, all with a 32 inch bar. Full comp and skip tooth bith depending on what I am into. From the southeast to the northwest only needed a small carb adjustment as would be expected. Have also run it in my chainsaw mill with a 24 inch bar and 0 degree chain. The 576 has no complaints from me.

Attachments

• 20190917_084038.jpg
    20190917_084038.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
Back