Stihl 026 pro new or new ms261?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdsracer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have the chance to buy a new never fired 026 pro with 18” b and c for $450. Just wondering if it is worth it over buying a new ms261 for $590? Is the 261 a better saw? I had an 026 pro about 10 years ago, I really liked it. Let me know your opinions. Thanks.

I have the chance to buy a new never fired 026 pro with 18” b and c for $450. Just wondering if it is worth it over buying a new ms261 for $590? Is the 261 a better saw? I had an 026 pro about 10 years ago, I really liked it. Let me know your opinions. Thanks.
Parts for the 026 will be NLA LONG before a 261.

I've owned both. I'd pick the 261 for working with, in any circumstance. I might pick a beat up old 026 instead of a 261 for riding around in the back of a pickup. Also, a NOS one would be cool to have on the shelf. A saw like that will always be worth a fair chunk of change.

Both great saws.

I’d pick the 261.

261 is bigger but more powerful and light for its size. Better AV and air filtration.

260 is more compact and a simple little beast. In the long run, the lack of computer controls “may” allow it to be trouble free for longer.

Latest posts

Back