How do i kill a tree stump?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So because it is naturally occurring, it doesn't have negative side effects?

Pretty sure there is an equal amount of evidence that salt is a carcinogen as there is for RoundUp.

You are right, I am amiss, I forgot who I was talking to. You have a retort for anything that isnt exactly how you want it to

Prove it.

What...that too much salt is toxic?

Put a goldfish in a saltwater tank and let me know how that works out.

Ok little goldfish boy.

Everyone knows that anything is excess is bad. I am sure that in the state of cancer, salt is known to cause California, but
I am highly confident that me or any other human can handle a lot more salt than some engineered chemical.

The OP asked for options. I gave him one. A naturally occurring substance that, oh by the way, you body NEEDs to survive.
So why are you trying to cause drama?

Oral (rat) LD50 of table salt is 3g/kg. glyphosate is 5.6g/kg.

Not trying to cause drama...just trying to highlight "naturally occuring" or "organic" does NOT mean less toxic.

I agreed it would work...but don't want somebody considering that option to do so without realizing that it's side effects are likely worse than other options. Both because it is more toxic and because it takes a higher dose.

Oral (rat) LD50 of table salt is 3g/kg. glyphosate is 5.6g/kg.

Not trying to cause drama...just trying to highlight "naturally occuring" or "organic" does NOT mean less toxic.

I agreed it would work...but don't want somebody considering that option to do so without realizing that it's side effects are likely worse than other options. Both because it is more toxic and because it takes a higher dose.
As a kid we used to use hundreds of pounds of salt on moose and caribou hides every year. Even with those numbers no one ever developed any issues. I reckon excess salt would be from oral intake and not so much skin contact.

Screen shot from an aerial photo...this is what salt does in the environment (see if following the low ground headed to a stream?). This is from poor storage/containment...not trying to kill trees - but it did work!

My message would be, whatever you are using, use it responsibly!

salt damage.JPG

Back