Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeap, that's gonna ruin both your days for sure! So many products seem to have a warranty timer on them that goes off just on the other side of the expiry. I think that's in Murphy's ten commandments. That's a fair bit of weight to be pointing in one part of the house with a room below it. Is it timber framed? If so, need to be a bit careful about pointing any significant loads, also how fast you dry it out, and don't re-load it while it's even slightly damp.
Yes 1 ton of water plus 1/4 ton of actual glass wouldn’t be a good thing under a standard timber frame floor. I put 6 steel posts under the tank 2 of them are in the garage the other 4 are in a built in wardrobe it’s solid as a rock.

Those saws have a pretty good following :rock:.
I've never ran one myself, but I have the little craftsman version of the poulan 2.0, good little saws.
Last night I ran my ms200 rear handle since the ms201cm has been getting a lot of action this yr. I brought it up from the basement and fired it up, she was running on the 5th pull, warmed it up on some branches that were stuck on the fence from the storm then check the no load rpms, 14.7:chainsaw:, she's a fiery little beast :yes:. You can get a lot of smaller wood cut with it and it's light which is nice having not felt well :clap:.
Chipper you have a 200 and 201cm. How do they compare, power, revs and torque which one do you prefer?

I've paid less for some Asian MS 660 clone kit saws! Takes some work to put them together, but they can be made to run strong and hold up pretty well.

I use them for milling, and they impress me with their ability to noodle large rounds quickly.

Iv always been so hesitant to put my hard erred money towards one of them saws like that.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

I've paid less for some Asian MS 660 clone kit saws! Takes some work to put them together, but they can be made to run strong and hold up pretty well.

I use them for milling, and they impress me with their ability to noodle large rounds quickly.
Certainly a good deal, but apples to oranges.

They are definitely intriguing though but I just don’t have the need for a saw that large.

Back