Redback 18", 120V Lithium, Cordless (Battery) Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Battery or charger failed. Keeps saying it's full but it's not.
Saw runs for a few seconds then shuts off and beeps.

20190827_213749.jpg 20190827_213754.jpg

Have a bit of use, mostly around the shop cutting lumber, RR Ties, stuff too long for the stove, etc.

My Echo continues to work well and it is the first thing I grab for easy jobs. It seems to do its best with wood up to 6 inches in diameter. On occasion I will squeeze the trigger and nothing happens but then another squeeze and it starts to work.
If yours is an early one you will need to do a battery reset. Press and hold the battery button for about 10 seconds. Then it should behave for quite a while. The new batteries don't seem to have the onboard computer issues.

If yours is an early one you will need to do a battery reset. Press and hold the battery button for about 10 seconds. Then it should behave for quite a while. The new batteries don't seem to have the onboard computer issues.

Ok, I'll try that.

I have a similar problem with one of my batteries. Charger light says 'full' after about 9 seconds, but battery is empty. Pressing and holding button on battery did not make a difference.

Philbert

Kinda sucks, can't find a replacement battery for a reasonable price.

The saw was handy

May pickup a M18 saw, have a bunch of the M18 tools and batteries.

Initial Impressions - Continued

The saw has a lot of power: It cut through everything I asked it to, ranging from 2", mixed, dry hardwoods, up to 12" freshly cut ash, in a pile set aside for this evaluation. I tried to intentionally bog it down, but had to lean on it hard to get it to slow down even a little bit - even gas saws would do this.

View attachment 584020

View attachment 584021

View attachment 584022

View attachment 584023

Note: all of the wood shown in these photos, and the following post, were cut using only about half of the 2Ah battery (based on the LED indicators). Based these limited, initial cuts. I look forward to trying it out in more cutting situations. I hope to try it out in some other types of cutting situations, and will bring it to local GTG, etc., for others to try.

Philbert
very good chain saw

wish i could buy more for like 79.99 5 or more on ebay

i just bbought one off ebay 99.99 plus taxs

Latest posts

Back