Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A dealer may gas them, but they are shipped dry from Sweden. I reckon they probably have to be.
Some dealers start the saw, run it & tune it "in the wood". They probably are far & few between. There is a saw shop in So. Indiana
that does this

All the dealers I've contacted just ship the saw, no start

Some dealers start the saw, run it & tune it "in the wood". They probably are far & few between. There is a saw shop in So. Indiana
that does this
Funny cause I was just going to say that then deleted it and went with the popcorn guy.

Every new saw I’ve purchased locally has been test ran in front of me. All but two of the new saws I’ve purchased from out of town dealers were test run/drained before shipping as well.

I always thought they were supposed to do the test run/walk through with every buyer as a CYA.

I kind of prefer to pop the cherry myself on a brand new piece of equipment but they all insisted on doing a test run/walk through.
Last one I purchased, Dave handed it to me in the box and said, I think you can figure it out. I spend way too much of my limited income there and enjoy when they give me crap!

thanks for sharing! Your cylinder is a great example of what mine *should* look like

Where are the deeper valleys in yours that run vertical with the stroke from previous scoring? Or the horizontal, parallel ones *2 where piston rings previously seized to that cylinder before it was honed, but not enough material removed uniformly to erase them?

Weird. I don't see the deeper grooves where piston rings were seized to the cylinder

60754D15-8857-48AD-939E-E6858F26B23E.jpeg 35500172-5941-4FC3-BDD8-31D14F78D7D6.jpeg

Like honing this:

0CF0F0CA-E3B9-499E-82A8-4A8B0DAD833D.jpeg

The remaining, longitudinal to the stroke of the cylinder, valleys from vertical scoring exhaust side (blue)

51D15A6C-D395-43BA-BF19-B56D955764E4.jpeg

35500172-5941-4FC3-BDD8-31D14F78D7D6.jpeg

Like honing a cylinder after damage with a piston like this:

915DC54A-3FD3-4497-AFCF-F6823B640B81.jpeg

You are going to make a terrible witness for him, classic case of buyer remorse. Question: Do you make those exhaust deflectors and would you sell a few?

or the big gouge in the piston where a piston stop was slammed into the piston head in changing out the sprocket.

661D9094-5F2F-4B8F-BCDD-72CA16B2D9EF.jpeg

Rehone one of the cylinders below, and don't remove material uniformly to the depth of all the scoring gouges and you'll be looking at a cylinder like the one above. That's the point.

2B70C5F2-6FB4-48F1-ACBA-1D3AF91C3E47.jpeg 47FA60EF-6A5B-4C01-B0A8-C78B140DF621.jpeg
FAA4B523-CAA8-4A5D-A98A-DE15FBD4B51E.jpeg

Inb4 "muh casting errors" Weird that these Are parallel like piston rings seizing near top of stroke on cylinder.
Weird that the vertical gouges exist on only the exhaust side of the cylinder...

FF5B9FD6-17C4-40C9-A923-C4435F318FDB.png

There are multiple, easily discernable differences between this cylinder and a new cylinder. I marked them in blue and red to make this abundantly clear.

There are none discernable between this cylinder and one that overheated, seized and scored the cylinder and was sanded of the high spots in an attempt to rebuild the top end without replacing the jug, but enough material was not uniformly removed to remove the artifacts.

No one. I repeat, no one. Has addressed that.

I hear a lot of "variances" "haha chain brake" "buyers remorse"

I don't hear anyone who has also rebuilt engines, addressing these existing parallel and equal spacing to the piston rings for this saws piston.

The vertical valleys from gouges not fully sanded out that exist

only! On! The! Exhaust! Side!

While I do enjoy being mocked and derided when bring evidence and make a valid point. I Don't know, maybe have your rebutal refute that with corresponding evidence?

Latest posts

Back