Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lmao is this post for real???

Seam rough on the bottom, a bolt that protrudes further than the nut by 1/4”, and a case cover that, well I can’t see anything wrong.

So for 1300$ you want a brand new saw that looks cosmetically like a brand new car??? Lmao
This is a work horse saw, I have had one and used it extensively over a year and it will not let you down. I could give two sh*ts about how well the plastic is molded to the top cover. I care everything about the forged crank, the attention to detail to the porting, the high quality bearings and piston. The excellent attention to detail on the carb internally, not the casting marks on the diaphragm cover!!! Lol the robust and strong muffler and the mounting points to the saw to prevent it from vibrating off or bending!!!

You need to sit down and ask yourself why you bought this saw, and do a little more cutting before you start staring and nitpicking details that are of no relevance to a saw.

Husqvarna and stihl put attention to detail into the function and reliability of a high end saw, and the looks are always second place. That’s the way people that use saws want it and I’m glad these company’s don’t have it any other.

Brake on
9d7638a55cbc080b76acd4e6f4a9aba6.jpg

Brake off
39beb4586f84ed26586c8b709fa11e23.jpg
ea0f38321dd58e4d2c11b95cc79cf32c.jpg
0d79d64229611ed9a6690381b867d5a0.jpg

Everything looks normal to me I’ve ran and beat the piss out of a few of these over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must admit for a guy who has such a profound knowledge in saws, I not only admire your ability to remove a 3-friggin9-5 clutch cover with bare hands while the brake chain brake is locked on. How did you do it...crowbar, 24" chrome vanadium pry bar? When you mentioned your going to have this dealer loose his licence and all that tough talk stuff, I think you need to have better facts than you have. You realise most people are either laughing when reading this mess, or have their hand in the face-palm position. Seriously though, send it off too Blackcat Performance or Wicked Work Saws and they'll take care of you.

Those look similar to the ones I got from DJ. @beaglebriar
The one's I make aren't really for sale. I've given a few away and worked them into a deal or two but I told Joe a while ago that it is his thing and I won't be on these forums selling them. So I try to stick to that. I do put them on customers saw as well as my own stuff. If someone wants a saw built I'll happily include a deflector. [emoji16]

The one's I make aren't really for sale. I've given a few away and worked them into a deal or two but I told Joe a while ago that it is his thing and I won't be on these forums selling them. So I try to stick to that. I do put them on customers saw as well as my own stuff. If someone wants a saw built I'll happily include a deflector. [emoji16]
@Duce needs a 462

That saw is fine. Does it run correctly? If it does, shut up and run it.

Those cylinders are cast. Then turned, and “honed.” Honing is not a perfect process. Castings suck to machine, weld or work on in general.

Having recently had a crew in an assembly plant for a shutdown, I may have an idea how they work. The manufacturer knows there are tolerances, and they will mostly stick between them.

I like it when a dealer checks a saw, in front of me. That way they have it in writing that it was okay and accepted by the customer. I have it in writing that it ran when I got it, and I know who sold it to me so I can go right to them if I have a problem. You can’t do that buying online.

By all means, send it back, get your refund a buy it from a local dealer. Maybe you should have in the first place.

That saw is fine. Does it run correctly? If it does, shut up and run it.

Those cylinders are cast. Then turned, and “honed.” Honing is not a perfect process. Castings suck to machine, weld or work on in general.

Having recently had a crew in an assembly plant for a shutdown, I may have an idea how they work. The manufacturer knows there are tolerances, and they will mostly stick between them.

I like it when a dealer checks a saw, in front of me. That way they have it in writing that it was okay and accepted by the customer. I have it in writing that it ran when I got it, and I know who sold it to me so I can go right to them if I have a problem. You can’t do that buying online.

By all means, send it back, get your refund a buy it from a local dealer. Maybe you should have in the first place.

Unfortunately, Husqvarna's Biggest Weakness (at Least IMO) is their LACK of DEALERS since they started selling through Lowe's:(:buttkick:

I would LOVE to have a dealer that was less than a 2 hour drive each way worth supporting.

Madsen's in Centralia, WA is a GREAT dealer, that I get to stop in on my lunch sometimes(I am a Truck Driver) but that isn't the greatest solution, seeing I don't know more than a day at best, usually less, when I will be able to stop there.

Add to that the WA Sales tax, which in July, the State quit offering Sales Tax exemptions to out of state buyers, that adds over $90 to the price of a saw like a 395XP, for some of us online is our best option:(

Doug :cheers:

If a dealer gets a saw back from a customer and “reboxes” it at any time, that is a ****** dealer. Same goes for long term shelf sitters and demonstration examples. New is new. Non of the above are new, and should never have been sold as new at new prices. These are not automobiles with their own little list of special screw the consumer rules.

Will the 395 in the photos work, probably. Does it look good, no. Would I have bought it at list price squatting on a shelf at a dealer, hell no. Probably why it was sold online.

The knock off fuel tanks I own look better than the one in the photo.

Editing this to add only if you are keeping the saw. If you pull the decomp., it’s yours.
Pull the decomp plug, look around.

Was the saw shipped directly from the dealer it was purchased from, or dropped shipped?

You supposedly have 180 days commercial and two years non commercial for Husqvarna to refuse to warranty that saw, so hopefully you purchased it with a credit card. Return it or get to work.

You know what maybe he’s on to something? Saws should look as good as they run...

I’m gonna get some bondo and start filling in the scratches I got from passing through some light brush carrying the saw. Gonna fill those in and sand it with some 2000 grit paper.
Then I’m gonna paint it with a nice primer, then sand it again with 10000 grit.
Paint and polish would be totally worth it.

But then it’s gonna get scratched again when I pull it out of the truck... hmmm well what would you guys recommend for a “cozy” for a saw?
No that won’t work cause the grease from the saw will stain that and I’ll have to wash it every time....

Damn

What if I just ran pure isopropyl alchohol instead of bar oil, then I could use the cozy and not get a stain on that...
I’ll have to bring my little cordless dirt devil too to get the wood chips off of the saw before it goes into its cozy. Maybe a small little brush attachment to go onto the dirt devil so it doesn’t scratch the fresh paint....

Latest posts

Back