McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got confused buy that nut so it is a left hand start crank in that saw. So there goes that idea... it is a tinker repairman frankensaw special lol. A 10 series in its true form

An example of if you have a box or 3 of the 54cc (or any cc) 10 series bits n bobs you can build a runner saw for the rest of your days of all kinds of shades of yellow.

Well Jethro I paid too much for mine but it's a one owner saw from the man who owns the hardware store that sold McCulloch saws in the 70s. The pictures are basically how I received it ,except for a worn b/c and a wipe down.20190921_140248.jpg 20190921_140235.jpg 20190921_140241.jpg 20190921_140253.jpg 20190921_140307.jpg 20190921_140339.jpg 20190921_140345.jpg
100$, runs like a champ!20190919_162432.jpg

NorthEast Tennessee Second Pre-Season MAC Report

Last weekend I was out of town and the week before I had just got the 800 warmed up slicing two large knobs off when I got a work call that ended the wood cutting.

Today was just tractor driving with the 800 secure in its perch.
IMG_4641.JPG

Brian fired up his 800 for a couple of finish cuts on the same big red oak stem of the last report but I didn't think to take a picture.

Only two weeks left before the season begins. I hope cooler weather soon arrives along with some rain. From a wet beginning Summer is closing out dry - that brown stuff in the picture above is grass.

Ron

This valuable report is provided through the the generous support of MacNuts like you and Blind Squirrel Falling, one of America's greatest imaginary businesses.

Well Jethro I paid too much for mine but it's a one owner saw from the man who owns the hardware store that sold McCulloch saws in the 70s. The pictures are basically how I received it ,except for a worn b/c and a wipe down.View attachment 761005 View attachment 761006 View attachment 761007 View attachment 761008 View attachment 761009 View attachment 761010 View attachment 761011
100$, runs like a champ!View attachment 761012

I think you did good for a 1 owner saw with its history its always nice to know the history of a saw I often look at some of mine and wonder where they have been and what they have seen

I think you did good for a 1 owner saw with its history its always nice to know the history of a saw I often look at some of mine and wonder where they have been and what they have seen
AGREED, the older fellow who owns the hardware has pictures of his hot rod 1932 coupe hanging in his store, obviously that influenced my purchase.

All this chatter about 10-10's reminds me, I am now making the handle inserts on my 3D printer.

Here are examples of the older rubber insert, the hard plastic insert, and the 3D printed insert. Due to the way the 3D printer works, the handle has a sort of wood grain look/texture. It is just a little bit larger than the original hard plastic version.

20190921_170657.jpg

I have not had a lot of success installing the rubber ones as they are a really tight fit. They are also a bit short.

20190921_170821.jpg

The hard plastic ones install easily and are held in place by the screw that holds the lower brace to the rear handle. They don't really fill all the space in the rear handle but do make it much more comfortable to hold on to.

20190921_170844.jpg

The 3D printed one fits snuggly in the handle and are also held in place by the screw that secures the lower brace to the rear handle.

20190921_170906.jpg

20190921_170920.jpg

I have not been able to find the hard plastic ones (89320) from any of the usual sources so I have installed these in several saws that were missing the insert. I do have some available, if anyone is interested send me a PM.

Mark

Sorry, but no pictures of Ron with a yellow saw in his hands.

Brian

That's two strikes. One more picture of an off-brand saw and you are out of here. Doesn't matter that it is an old friend that always cranks, did chock duty for the MACs and hasn't seen sunshine in a long time. Ron

Does he always look that serious when running a tractor?
I just a nice 1-52 up by you guys on craigslist.

Between Brian and me, one of us has to remain serious otherwise all pandemonium breaks out. Actually I was just concentrating. If I dropped that round it is heavy enough to roll through the side of a house.

Ron

That round that Ron had on his forks just about had his back wheels off the ground. It was very heavy. I would bet a ton better than a ton. The logs he was putting in the trailer was really rocking it and my truck that I was using to pulling the trailer. One, my son was in the truck asleep and he about shook him out of the truck. I was playing driver and taking it to the wood lot. One load was pushing me all over the place.

Brian

Special Supplemental NorthEast Tennessee Pre-Season MAC Report

Blind Squirrel's phones have been ringing off the hook so let me set the record straight, we have not been using Brian as a chock. I was referring to the off-brand saw.

IMG_2966.JPG

Largest diameter stem I have felled to date, about 6 1/2'. Mac SP125. Sliced with the 125 and PM800 - 33" bars..

IMG_2950.JPG

IMG_2971.JPG

IMG_2970.JPG

Not my tractor but similar size. I didn't hang around to see how the LO actually moved the rounds. Here he was helping me retrieve my chock.

IMG_2972.JPG

Ron

This valuable report is provided through the the generous support of MacNuts like you and Blind Squirrel Falling, one of America's greatest imaginary businesses.

That's a big tree Ron its fun trying to keep cutting the rounds off square and even.

The off brand makes a lovely chock indeed.

You were talking about one of those new fangled fuel injected off brand saws last season are they still catching your eye?

Looking good Mark I'm sure they will be a hot selling item. I'm going to have a go at 1 with some milk line if it doesn't work out I'll flick ya a pm. starter screen situation is dire also lol

I have recently had the sawdust screen models reworked to triangles in place of the round holes. The way the printer works it make a much cleaner, better finish on the openings and the grid had more of the original appearance. Open area is virtually unchanged. I will get around to posting some photos eventually.

Mark

Jethro, probably have 3 months to go before decision time. I really like the old 125s but it is a lot of saw to lug around when an 800 with a long bar will handle about everything we cut. I am thinking something with more power and pounds lighter than an 800 may be the cat’s meow for my use. Ron

My MMWS 395 could easily replace my 125 and like the ported 088, replace my 125. It'll run a 60" bar just fine. Much as I like my 125's and 101's, that ported 395 has it all over those two heavyweights mentioned.

Latest posts

Back