Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is easier to hit the thermostat, and heck the boss should take care of that :yes:(sure that's the attitude). Don't they manufacture methane there, or is that the other dump.
He primarily chips anything smaller which would include most the 16" stuff. I hated to sit there waiting to get loaded and watching all that prime easy to buck and split wood getting shoved into the chipper :surprised3:. Guessing it probably wouldn't be a match made in heaven.
This isnt a landfill, just hauling. Kent county is a closed county.

sent from a field

All the wood (ash) was from my spring felling, the first three pictures are from wood I split earlier this spring and the rest are from the rounds I split today.

I'll finish this stack Saturday which is two face cord, if the ash rounds in the gully give us another face cord, this area will hold 12 face.

Before I start the fall felling of more ash, I should have a total 58 to 60 face cord in the firewood inventory. I'm hoping to get another 10 face cord from the ash I fell this fall.

We also have close to 12 face cord of shoulder season wood stack, white pine.

Attachments

• 101_9593.JPG
    101_9593.JPG
    252.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 101_9594.JPG
    101_9594.JPG
    288.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 101_9595.JPG
    101_9595.JPG
    272.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 101_9597.JPG
    101_9597.JPG
    262.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 101_9598.JPG
    101_9598.JPG
    258.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 101_9599.JPG
    101_9599.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 101_9600.JPG
    101_9600.JPG
    296.3 KB · Views: 37
Get this in here before she starts losing weight

2XyUuPP.jpg

Ad5VUb9.jpg

Thanks Brett and wow what a nice setup you have there, drive the tractor right in for fast stacking. Think I see some homemade lumber in there too, do you have any pictures of the whole shed?
Thanks. I designed it so I could angle in there like that, the outside bays are 6'x15.5' and the center is 12'x15.5', I can put a yrs worth of wood on each side.
This year is the first yr I've loaded it up although I have had some under it in the past.
The outside wall boards are red oak that @Sawyer Rob milled up for me a few yrs ago. I have enough to do the other side as well. The roof is recycled pole barn tin on the back half and the front has ice and water shield with rusted corrugated steel. Post are all from the cull pile at a lumber yard and most the purlins are recycled too. I did buy new screws and cement, but the screws on the roof were a deal from my BIL. You don't have to spend a lot to get the function and looks you want although patients helps :yes:.
I think I have pictures in their thread of the whole shed, I'm having trouble getting them on my computer.
I do have this one right after the bays and the apron were poured.
Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 1.24.49 PM.png

This is the ash I had left from the spring cutting, we have a single face cord in the front & back and five stacks that hold two face cord each for a total of 12. Pictures 9601 & 02 are the back gully where I cleaned up some dead cherry yesterday so we can enter it from the east ot the west and run the whole length until the mess near the big ole maple.

The temp isn't that bad (76) with a breeze.

Attachments

• 101_9602.JPG
    101_9602.JPG
    310.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 101_9601.JPG
    101_9601.JPG
    784 KB · Views: 22
  • 101_9603.JPG
    101_9603.JPG
    282.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 101_9604.JPG
    101_9604.JPG
    257.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 101_9605.JPG
    101_9605.JPG
    248.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 101_9607.JPG
    101_9607.JPG
    274.1 KB · Views: 19
More pictures you post @chipper1 the better it looks, thanks for sharing it, trying to gather ideas for a little wood shed myself one of these days.
Lots of great ideas in here.
Your flat ground looks so inviting. My cabin is on a hill and unfortunately the only flat spot is under my cabin as it’s built on the same spot as the blacksmith shop from the logging camp 110 years ago.
Sounds like a pretty hilly spot.
We have some hills here too, but not bad. What you don't see is that the pad on the right is 3.5" lower than the pad on the left to compensate for the drop. I had to grade away from the building for the apron as well as from the left side to the right. Bummer is I still need to work on the grade on the outside of the woodshed(front left side and front) because there is some water coming in, it will be fine, I need to clean up the storm damage first though.

That works, if you wanted them down.
Get after that big red oak, she's already got a bit of rot in her.
Should be a lot of good wood in there though :blob2:.
I did not want them down but when mother nature decides to have them go over there is nothing I can do to stop it. You are right about there being a lot of good wood in that tree. There may be a large branch from another tree that got bent over when the oak went down. I will need to be careful cutting it up if there is one under a lot of tension. I will take my time with that one.

I did not want them down but when mother nature decides to have them go over there is nothing I can do to stop it. You are right about there being a lot of good wood in that tree. There may be a large branch from another tree that got bent over when the oak went down. I will need to be careful cutting it up if there is one under a lot of tension. I will take my time with that one.
I know what you mean, I still have a bunch I need to clean up around here, it's a mess!
Storm damage can be very dangerous work :yes:.
Mom stopped by today, they had a tree that came down last night.
Knocked a bit of it out today. I'll get the wood later, probably once the ground freezes, it probably won't dry out again enough til then.
Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 10.49.43 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 10.50.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 10.52.36 PM.png

I know what you mean, I still have a bunch I need to clean up around here, it's a mess!
Storm damage can be very dangerous work :yes:.
Mom stopped by today, they had a tree that came down last night.
Knocked a bit of it out today. I'll get the wood later, probably once the ground freezes, it probably won't dry out again enough til then.
View attachment 761609 View attachment 761610 View attachment 761611
Good looking kids. Did they help with the dragging the brush out of the way? You should be getting a lot of wood from that tree. Being out in the open should make bucking it up easier.

Back