FIREWOOD 2018/19 ORDERS/SALES.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dropped off one of four cord to a customer today. He's stacking in his garage so I'll drop off the next load when he's ready for it. I didn't think it would be right to fill up his driveway with 4 cords and make him do all those extra steps.

Come home and a fellow was waiting in the driveway wanting to buy 6 cords. Then some young folks showed up to buy 3 cords of ugly wood and hardwood ends. T'is the season.

20190920-firewood-delivery-gina.jpg

In previous posts I remember you guys stacking in racks. Here your delivering with a dump box.
Can you share how your processing and delivery works?

We stack on racks to facilitate drying quicker. This is the yard today.

20190922-firewood-pallets2.jpg

20190922-firewood-pallets.jpg

We then load into our truck.

20190831-firewood-gina.jpg

and deliver (as previously shown). Some customers will drive through and pick up. Like yesterday. Load and go #firewood ends. A cubic cord on board. Customer drove in, I loaded it up with the skidsteer and a couple minutes later they were on their merry way.

20190920-firewood-ends-sold-gina.jpg

The only advertising we do is via our Facebook page, on the local Kijiji buy&sell (like CraigsList), and our sign at the end of our driveway.

20190920-firewood-for-sale.jpg

My original idea was to deliver the wood in pallets, but I need a trailer and a means to offload, like a narrow tracked mini skidsteer. Both cost money. Saving up for that.

We stack on racks to facilitate drying quicker. This is the yard today.

View attachment 761211

View attachment 761216

We then load into our truck.

View attachment 761212

and deliver (as previously shown). Some customers will drive through and pick up. Like yesterday. Load and go #firewood ends. A cubic cord on board. Customer drove in, I loaded it up with the skidsteer and a couple minutes later they were on their merry way.

View attachment 761214

The only advertising we do is via our Facebook page, on the local Kijiji buy&sell (like CraigsList), and our sign at the end of our driveway.

View attachment 761215

My original idea was to deliver the wood in pallets, but I need a trailer and a means to offload, like a narrow tracked mini skidsteer. Both cost money. Saving up for that.
Nice clean looking operation you have going there :cheers:

If summer temps linger into early fall does that slow sales in any way?
I would think for the far northern areas, not so much. But for the mid-Atlantic areas
it may
I have delivered 36.5 cords since last Saturday and have 48 more on order at the moment. It was just under 90 today.

Latest posts

Back