Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the big problems with China stuff, is that the quality ranges widely. Folks tend to believe that all stuff from China, is the same as what they have experienced in the past, and that is not the case.
So the stuff gets painted as bad generally, as a large fraction of the stuff that folks have tried, has problems.

One of the big problems with China stuff, is that the quality ranges widely. Folks tend to believe that all stuff from China, is the same as what they have experienced in the past, and that is not the case.
So the stuff gets painted as bad generally, as a large fraction of the stuff that folks have tried, has problems.
True, you never know what your going to get.

True, you never know what your going to get.
Guys. This is the OEM discussion thread. The China saw thread is down the page, where no one is posting. I think. I mean, I don't make the rules but that's the way I understand them...

Guys. This is the OEM discussion thread. The China saw thread is down the page, where no one is posting. I think. I mean, I don't make the rules but that's the way I understand them...
Kind of two different threads over the same thing?

Maybe they should just be merged?

It was my ****** thread, I didn't want your opinion! I asked you to s t f u so someone else could talk. I never intended to sell YOU a fuggin saw. I wanted to talk to other people with MY opinion, on My thread. Not yours. As far as my experience, I have built 40 660s, 30 372s, 5 070s, 5 440s, 10 361s, 6 360s, 4 380s, 2 200ts, and I am sure I missed a few. I absolutely do not need to justify a damn thing to you, but most of those are on YouTube as I said if you want to verify that you can. I have sold most of those through eBay, and my feedback is 100%, which is also verifiable. It would be inappropriate for me to offer phone numbers of my customers, but I would love to stick that in your throat as well. From here out, let's just not speak to each other... I'll allow you the final word, make it good

So, just wondering, compared to Chi-Coms how many OEM rebuilds under your belt?

And the Chi-Coms, how many would have started/lived/functioned without OEM parts? Can you build those with what they give you, or SOL ?

I really don't like Chi-Coms, or Chi-Com products, but if You can make that work, good for You.

And the Chi-Coms, how many would have started/lived/functioned without OEM parts? Can you build those with what they give you, or SOL ?

I really don't like Chi-Coms, or Chi-Com products, but if You can make that work, good for You.

I rebuilt one 041, with the help of people on this site, used nos OEM parts for the entire thing. I have rebuilt one 026, and repaired a couple of 660s. I am not against OEM, I put OEM parts into OEM saws.

I have had some issues, but didn't have to buy OEM for all of the issues, mostly just a local company through eBay, but aftermarket parts in the aftermarket saws. Yes I can make them run with what is in the kit. I was 12 when I ran my first saw... Craftsman I believe, but my dad is a mechanic and I learned a lot from him as I grew.

My name..... Lennybender
I did a search to see what you got for sale under that username and nothing comes up. Why the sudden stop of sales if you’ve sold a hundred saws there? You’re not lying to us, are you, or is the name wrong? I tried Lennybender and Lenny Bender.

Got a link?

I rebuilt one 041, with the help of people on this site, used nos OEM parts for the entire thing. I have rebuilt one 026, and repaired a couple of 660s. I am not against OEM, I put OEM parts into OEM saws.
So you have rebuilt 4 or 5 saws and want to offer a one year warranty on AM parts and your work. You are in for a world of hurt! Bad rings, cylinder plating peeling off, bad bearings, junk seals, bad crank bearing, bad circlips, piston pin coming out, the list goes on. How would I know this happens? Lost count of how many 372's I have built and some guys wanted them done cheap (use AM parts, hear hyway p/c are nice), now I just pass on that, way too many problems. You build them how ever you feel comfortable doing them, but a warranty? Good luck with your builds.

Back