How do you remove / reinstall oiler pickup line in stihl tank?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

777funk

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I figured I would check this line and filter but I don't know how I'd get it back on the nipple if I was able to remove it. Any tips?

stihl oil pump 3.png
he said oil line not fuel line lol

038 oil line is easier. It fits to a nipple inside the tank, you don't need to push the line up through the housing like a fuel line.

So you saying not a proper tool? WTF!

Not sure on the 038 but on some the line pops into a hole in the tank like a grommet, the actual "nipple" is on the oil pump and it seats when you bolt the pump in.

Nope. It fits onto a barb/solid line inside the oil tank, that runs into case, and oil pump seals to case with a gasket.

Done that, been there.

Sorry none of my own pics shown on a 038. My pics were a fuel line from a 036, showing the hemostats.

038 oiler.png 038 oiler 2.png

Very easy on that style. Worst one I did was my 064, the line between the pump and the bar oiler hole. Took me two tries to not kink the line while getting it threaded around and seated on the pump nipple.

That is oil pump outlet line. Yes, a PITA until you do a few.

I always use the stihl kits, enough hose if you screw up first time to try again. A little heat on the line helps, it's/hose stiff as a sailor on shore leave. Always install the metal coil insert so it don't kink.

I thought they were similar to the 660 style, must have looked at the wrong diagram.[emoji111]

038s were built to last. 90s up were good saws, lighter, reliable, but not built as well.

Look at oiler/clutch of a 038 vs 044. Lets not get into drive gears for 038 oiler, never had one fail , and clutch is 1000% stronger.

Latest posts

Back