Best limbing saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonszion

Reaction score
Hey Guys!
So I cut quite a bit of firewood and am looking for a good limbing saw. I have been using a stihl ms250 for these duties, but am looking to replace it.
Currently I have a Husky 562xp which I absolutely love for my bigger stuff.
Looking for something with at 14-16in bar. PRO SAW. I am not wanting another cheap POS like the 250 I had.

What do you guys like to use?

I have a later 550XP, not Mark2, I am real Happy with it, after it Wakes Up/Warms Up, it is a bit slow to smooth out first thing in the morning, but after it settles in, it is a Great running saw. I've read there were some Hot Start issues i early ones, mine starts Great when it's warm.

I haven't run a 346XP, so I can't compare, but I would buy the 550 again, and a 346 is on my look for list.

Doug

Thanx Ammoadict, I've seen the 543 on Husky's website, and that is IT, I can't recall anyone EVER commenting on that saw here, Good or Bad:confused:

I trust Skeans judgement about saws, especially relevant for me, as he is in my region, cutting the same types of trees, though often a bit bigger than me;)

Skeans had Good things to say about the 562's with up to a 32" bar, that would cover a LOT of Wood Butchers needs for a "Big Saw" for firewooding, a 562/550 combo is a bit narrow, so I have wondered if a 562/543 might make a Good combo for a lot of people.

Doug :cheers:

My experience with my first two husky saws were the 2100cd and 240sg pro ones. When I purchased the 266se the 240 was on vacation. I purchased a 353 a while back. Impressive but not a 266 of course times have changed since then i I figure to stay between 55 cc and 60 cc if I was going to upgrade again,

If i could buy a saw JUST for limbing and if i was ok with auto tune it would be a 550XP.

But since i dont want auto tune that much id pick up my 385 for now.

But when my never used Makita 6100 gets sent out for porting.....THAT sexy thing will be my lightweight limbing saw. [emoji41][emoji41]

So..... i say an adjustable carb “PRO” saw like the Makita 6100 would be perfect.
[emoji23][emoji23]
c6ba6425a583cec9fd83b9fd4b657ef0.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Back