Trappers please help catch a #$@*(&% Groundhog

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like sneakin up on them in the sweet corn patches with the 12 gauge. 00 buck. .222 works good at long range.

I've had a rem 700 BDL in .222 many years now. I put a 6.5 X 20 Leupold on it, dime size groups at 200 yds if wind is not blowing. Can pick out which eye you want to shoot a chuck in at 250 yds.

Around the house, I don't want to upset neighbors, usually use a .177 air rifle. But need to do a good head shot.

As long as they stay FAR away from my gardens/orchard/buildings I don't bother them. But when they start reproducing and encroaching I knock the population back. This has been one of those years. I hope the foxes have been well fed and this years litters will control them next.

Funny fox story, I got a real nice Red and case skinned it and had it tanned. I put the skin on a arm chair in the house, looked like it was peering over the chair. My cat came into the room, hair/tail went up, then a loud hiss and tore out of the room! Was funny watching the cat the next couple of days, figuring out the fox was long dead.

Around the house, I don't want to upset neighbors, usually use a .177 air rifle. But need to do a good head shot.

Because of neighbors, this is my preferred way also, even if I catch them in the haveaheart trap. When they start to undermine my wood stacks(and cause them to fall over), it's time for them to leave, one way or the other.

The foxes around my place have been well fed this year, with both their kills and mine...

Because of neighbors, this is my preferred way also, even if I catch them in the haveaheart trap. When they start to undermine my wood stacks(and cause them to fall over), it's time for them to leave, one way or the other.

The foxes around my place have been well fed this year, with both their kills and mine...

The bobcats are well fed this year at my house.

Attachments

• Big Bob May 30 2019 Noon.JPG
    Big Bob May 30 2019 Noon.JPG
    996.5 KB · Views: 22

What are you guys using for air rifles? Mine cracks louder than my 22lr...

I've got some subsonic 22LR for around the house...just an unassuming "pop".

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In the water meaning fully submerged? Most of our beaver are trapped in skidways so I guess that would be semi submerged.
I actually wondered that myself when I read the reg because I didn't see it. I went back and looked, and if it is over 7.5 X 7.5 it does have to be fully submerged.

On the MNDNR website they call Conibears "body gripping traps" which I think is a pretty funny way to be politically correct. Yes indeed, they grip the "body" quite well LOL.
I read an article about the history of the traps, and when they were first invented, they had weak springs which didn't kill the animal all the time, and they shut horizontally, not vertically and "gripped" the game. I think the name just stuck. Plus, it sounds a lot better than neck snapper. I just looked, and now I can't find it. If I do, I'll post a link.

Latest posts

Back