562xp budget build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do a muffler mod? I like to gut them they like to breathe...

Heres the outlet of my muffler mod.

Q03vFjM.jpg

I ground the upper baffle hole to be about 3x the size and then made the extra hole on the right.

The idea was to let it breath while still being able to use the screen.

Heres the outlet of my muffler mod.

Q03vFjM.jpg

I ground the upper baffle hole to be about 3x the size and then made the extra hole on the right.

The idea was to let it breath while still being able to use the screen.

You have a welder?

FYSA

Attachments

• FBF29B8B-9C51-40E7-AB76-8683FC1F8A63.jpeg
    FBF29B8B-9C51-40E7-AB76-8683FC1F8A63.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 37
  • 81A14562-C3E3-4E96-A60F-9D1E3C91F7DC.jpeg
    81A14562-C3E3-4E96-A60F-9D1E3C91F7DC.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 39
Nice project and documentation, I always enjoy scrolling through looking at photos. Saw doesn't look too used but that crank seal, yikes!

Could you post a photo of the inside of the top cover removed so we can see where to trim that edge along the clutch side? Is that to help with hot restarts?

If I have time tomorrow ill pull the cover off and take a picture..

The top cover mod is to help remove heat and maybe get the saw ro run a bit cooler. It may help with hot starts but im not sure at this point.

I only have about 5 hours on the saw as of right now. It runs and starts perfect at this point.

I just ran it tonight again and man does this little saw have power. Its the best all around saw I've run to date.

This saw is going to get a lot of use felling and blocking up firewood this summer that is for sure..

I trimmed mine and cut the slot below the decomp.
20190307_153032.jpg

Nice work! Do you know how many hours was on it before you did the rebuild?

You know thats one thing I've never done to this saw at the dealer is plug it in.

I planned to have it reflashed but honestly it runs so darn perfect I have never bothered. It has perfect throttle response, no hotstart issues etc. so I just keep running it.

For the record this is my go to saw, it gets grabbed more often then not even though its one of my smallest saws in the fleet.

Tinman

That was an awesome post!! Where are you finding these dead saws? I want to get into a dead new saw myself

I just look at classifieds daily. Theres lots of beat up, broken and not running saws around.

Main thing I did when I started was I first looked at parts availability so I knew what a saw would cost to rebuild.

Also never pay too much for a used saw unless you can take a peak at the piston. Theres often problems lurking that you dont see.

I just look at classifieds daily. Theres lots of beat up, broken and not running saws around.

Main thing I did when I started was I first looked at parts availability so I knew what a saw would cost to rebuild.

Also never pay too much for a used saw unless you can take a peak at the piston. Theres often problems lurking that you dont see.
Classifieds as in kijiji?

Classifieds as in kijiji?

I have found some there, theres small town websites with adds, garage sales, word of mouth etc etc..

I've been cutting firewood fairly seriously for about 7 years but never looked at saws as a hobby. Then I found the "afleetcommand" channel and watched a couple of "spike60 saw college" videos and I was drawn in..

So I started looking for 372s and 044s etc but they were too expensive running. So I started looking for blown up saws to rebuild through local classifieds.

The other nice thing about say local adds is sometimes you'll meet another saw enthusiast and you'll end up making a valuable contact. I've crossed paths with several saw guys in my area and often they offer me extras they have or stuff they don't want..

2 years ago I needed some ms260 parts and found a kijiji add offering parts. At that point I knew lots about engines but very little about saw mechanics..

Phoned the guy with the parts and he said "come on down and bring your saw"

I did and not only did I meet what ended up becoming a good friend but we also rebuilt my saw in his shop that afternoon.

He has helped me tremendously over the past couple years and now I'm building saws like crazy.

Lots of good people in this hobby it seems and theres LOTS of saws collecting dust in dark corners of garages.

You just gotta find them (the people and the saws :) )

Latest posts

Back