Log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMOWC

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Thinking of buying a bigger log splitter was looking online at eastonmade, Wolfe ridge and allwood anyone have any experience with some of these, wanting a 4 or 6 way wedge

I have watched many videos on these. The Eastonmade is very nice and has a few features I prefer like the beam cradle for logs. They are high priced and shipping expensive. Wolfe Ridge is American made and has all the essential features I need. It’s a bit lighter and a few thousand less. I’m not considering Allwood.

I’m about 50 miles from Wolfe Ridge so drove down looked at em Chris the owner showed me around, took me about 5 mins to decide I had to have one. I bought the 28 Pro his entry level one, I don’t use it commercially just to keep my cabin warm. I’ve got the 4 way and 6 way wedges, I seem to use the 4 way 99 percent of the time. I think the 6 way would be great if all your wood was uniform size, mines not. I’m really happy with the splitter and haven’t found anything I’d like to change or modify, just works right out of the box. When I was shopping I wanted a splitter with log lift, fast cycle, Honda motor, American made this had it all.

Which model are you looking at? If it’s the 28 Pro or Pro C I could give a few more details.

I’m about 50 miles from Wolfe Ridge so drove down looked at em Chris the owner showed me around, took me about 5 mins to decide I had to have one. I bought the 28 Pro his entry level one, I don’t use it commercially just to keep my cabin warm. I’ve got the 4 way and 6 way wedges, I seem to use the 4 way 99 percent of the time. I think the 6 way would be great if all your wood was uniform size, mines not. I’m really happy with the splitter and haven’t found anything I’d like to change or modify, just works right out of the box. When I was shopping I wanted a splitter with log lift, fast cycle, Honda motor, American made this had it all.

Which model are you looking at? If it’s the 28 Pro or Pro C I could give a few more details.
I’m looking at the Pro 22c. I would get with autocycle and electric start. I questioned Chris about 22 vs 28 ton and he said the 22 would be enough for the wood of the PNW.

how big is the wood you're splitting? will it handle oak with knotts ?

I split lots of oak up to 28 inches maybe bigger with the 4 way, the wedge is pretty narrow and sharp will cut thru the knots. Do a u tube search for outdoors with the Morgan’s he has a lot of videos with the 22C.

Those Honda’s start so easy don’t know if I’d bother with electric start. I kind of drooled over the 22 and 28 C but with auto cycle started pushing 8000 could not justify it for home owner use.

Latest posts

Back