Wood Furnace Catalytic combustor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Weldon

Reaction score
Adding catalytic combustor to a wood furnace. I have a hot blast 1500 wood furnace and have seen some conversations about adding a catalyst to them. Any pictures or diagrams or explanations would be appreciated.

I just recently joined the site because there was a post back in 2006 where the person had added a catalyst. It was a little hard to understand precisely how he did it so I thought I'd reach our for diagrams, pictures or ideas of the best way to do it. It seems that your handle Maple1 was involved but perhaps not. Do you sugar?

Don't think I was involved - only joined here in 2013, after some lurking. Got a link to said post?

Yes, I sugar.

@Danny Weldon welcome to the site. Not trying to dissuade you but the Hotblast has been outpaced quite a bit by Drolet and Kuuma. May be a thought to look into some of those options.

Adding the Cat would be sweet but you are also altering the approved design. Not sure how that would fly insurance wise if ever needed! Good luck either way.

Latest posts

Back