Could not believe it !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok ty for the info , i will try to find a video of one being done , so i can have something to go off of , after its done , id imagine id have to retune the carb? Alittle more on the H screw?

Every saw needs to be tuned in the cut after any modification is done to them to be correct. Setting them with a tach is only close to correct on a stock saw. Once a saw engine is worked on/modified then the carb must be re tuned, I don`t agree that a carb must be richened up after porting or muffler modification, just from my own experience this does not hold true.

Every saw needs to be tuned in the cut after any modification is done to them to be correct. Setting them with a tach is only close to correct on a stock saw. Once a saw engine is worked on/modified then the carb must be re tuned, I don`t agree that a carb must be richened up after porting or muffler modification, just from my own experience this does not hold true.
That's because your words reflect actual experience first hand & not rewriting the advice of others. 9/10 times if not more everyone advises that you richen a saw carb after modifying it. The theory they have is it moves more air, makes moah powa...must need more fuel. Seldom do they realise that a carbs inherent function is to supply/draw fuel according to the amount of air passing through the venturi. But anyways, seasoned saw builders have been giving this advice for as long as this forum has been operating. My single post (or yours) will likely not change much.

That's because your words reflect actual experience first hand & not rewriting the advice of others. 9/10 times if not more everyone advises that you richen a saw carb after modifying it. The theory they have is it moves more air, makes moah powa...must need more fuel. Seldom do they realise that a carbs inherent function is to supply/draw fuel according to the amount of air passing through the venturi. But anyways, seasoned saw builders have been giving this advice for as long as this forum has been operating. My single post (or yours) will likely not change much.

True that! I am not a re gurgitator, will stick my neck out and take a flaming in stride.

I have had the same experience, after a muffler mod not having to move the H jet. That said some I have. I should have said to check your tune, make sure you four stroke in loaded and clean up in the cut, because if not you may have to open up your H screw.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Well i ordered a tack off eBay , them little things are pricey, before I do anything I'm going to wait u til it arrives , since I'm not experienced in modding saws ,dont want to do any harm to the new girl

Well i ordered a tack off eBay , them little things are pricey, before I do anything I'm going to wait u til it arrives , since I'm not experienced in modding saws ,dont want to do any harm to the new girl
If you have someone say this is four stroking, this is what cleaning up sounds like and this is what lean sounds like you won't ever forget. But tach is the best way. Most of us who tune by ear are a little rich, but we rater be rich than lean

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

The tach will get you close and its usually a safe on the rich side setting. Most if not all saw engines can be safely set up with a higher RPM range but only by the setting in the cut until ones ear tells them where they are at. I re tune my saws a few times a day to keep up with temp changes, humidity conditions and air pressure changes, its not necessary but I can tell when one of my saws drop or rise a couple hundred RPM by ear and feel.

Oh gosh i dont remember , i took it in to the local stihl dealer today which is called (mortons) in Fredericksburg to see what bar and chain they had for it , ended up with a 25 in bar and chain and extra chain for $88 bucks , told the guy how i acquired the saw , he looked up what he could and came to the conclusion this saw was built inbetween 92 and 95

Off topic but you're probably not that far from me. I'm in King George.

Thats not fair Harley. For law enforcement to investigate property theft, we need to have a serial number to enter into LEIN. Without a serial number, your chainsaw, handgun or any other item is just another item. The sad thing is most folks don't take the time to record serial numbers. When the item is stolen, its usually gone and rarely recovered. Ive gone as far as tracking down boxes, warranty cards and even the dealer looking for serial numbers.

Bottom line, record your serial numbers and give the cops a chance to recover your stuff.
This is true on so many levels , i had a dewalt dg4300 genarator stolen out the back of my truck in Alexandria va about 7 years ago , and about 2 years later it showed up in a pawn shop off rt-17 in stafford about 45 miles down the road , it was given back but it sure was used and they tracked the guy down from the id used and was charged with trying to sell stolen property , since im zure he was the one who stole it but he said he bought it from someone in a parking lot months before which was bs so only thing they could do was that pety charge

Latest posts

Back