• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna 550xp Mark II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Op: why are you selling?

Why do you prefer the original 550xp to the newer one?
Well, that's probably not a fair statement because I have not handled the mark 2. I like the ease of handling and the light weight of the original. I have heard others say the mark 2 is longer and heavier and not as nimble as the oe. It is more powerful though and all the earlier problems have been addressed with the mark2. I don't mean to take anything away from the mark 2 because I have heard that it is a great saw. I just think I personally wouldn't like it as much as the original.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

That's the only negative I have heard about them is they are too close in weight to a 562. I haven't heard any negative from anyone that has one, only praise. The weight doesn't matter to a lot of people, but I'm 56, have had spine surgery, have arthritis, a bad shoulder, etc... So weight matters a lot to me.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

... it is just short of spectacular

The 346XP NE when it replaced the 346XP OE was just short of spectacular. To this day it is “legendary”. The 550XP that replaced it had better fuel economy and AV, and again was “just short of spectacular” (minus the ones that gave people problems). Even with the mark ii replacing it, people still prefer the original if it is a problem free saw. The mark II is stronger and less likely to have problems, and again, is “just short of spectacular”, being that it is getting heavy. No matter which Husqvarna saw you have you win. I like a 254XP, a legendary “just short of spectacular” saw; one of the lightest and fastest 50cc ever, at the expense of poorer fuel economy and AV compared to the latest and greatest.

Back