Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@woodchip rookie have you ever delt with CNC Fab for any of your powerstroke stuff? There in defiance OH probably going to order a hydra and tunes from them after my trans is done.
I have not. The only "mod" stuff I did was a single tune delete on my 6.7. I dont have a dash tuner. They flashed the ecu with a single street tune and the exhaust is the factory size. EGR delete was part of a "standard delete" also.

my 50cc's get 16" bars. A 550 with a 16" is a great "one saw plan" saw
Yup, my 261 wears a 16 inch .325 .063. Perfect bar and chain combo for 50cc. Nice and smooth, oils well and the powerhead has plenty of power for it. I love that saw. If I’m not into big wood, that’s what I reach for the most.

Seems like the only part that brakes on those. Well maybe the operator presence lever too.
Yup, the brake on my 268 is broken as well. And the throttle lockout is missing on the 630. It is near mint otherwise besides a couple of broken fins on the flywheel cover.

I am hoping I can get a good one for a decent price and get the saw back to him soon.

and people make fun of me for runnin a 20 on my 395...
They are hard to find, but Oregon makes a 13" bar for large mount Husky. I had one for a while but sold it when the cant cutting boys in MN got goofy with new rules for their saw races.
I always run the shortest bar possible. Cheaper chain, less cutters to sharpen, the stingy oilers now a days can keep up, and the saws just rip. Lots of fun running short bars.
Same although as I get older I do not mind a longer bar for certain applications like working a log pile when you are getting to the bottom so you do not need to bend over as much. But when I am cutting around the house I always run a short bar because you can't help but find rocks everywhere.
my 50cc's get 16" bars. A 550 with a 16" is a great "one saw plan" saw
Amen....a ported 50 with a 3/8" pitch 16 bar flat out rips.

Scrounged my own apples today from my own mini orchard. Mostly Cortland with a few other types in there but the Cortland trees seem to produce the best for me. Great combination cooking and eating apple.
7cc3f2c3b97cb7390efa8167cd4b8f8c.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

They are hard to find, but Oregon makes a 13" bar for large mount Husky. I had one for a while but sold it when the cant cutting boys in MN got goofy with new rules for their saw races.

Carlton or someone else does. I bought two a few weeks ago from my local dealer. Next time I am in the shed I'll look at the brand cause I don't remember if it was carlton for sure.

Scrounged my own apples today from my own mini orchard. Mostly Cortland with a few other types in there but the Cortland trees seem to produce the best for me. Great combination cooking and eating apple.
7cc3f2c3b97cb7390efa8167cd4b8f8c.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Super jealous.

Our apple trees are not doing good

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

She couldnt care less :happy:.
Every now and then she walks downstairs and says wow you have a lot of saws. She says I should build some shelves so they are more organized and none have to sit on the floor :numberone::heart:.

Maybe she could knit some 'cozies' to keep them warm this winter.

Thanks for posting that up chipper...... Like all good wives I think you have to many saws and should sell one of them to me.:)

Alright, I'm confused. Who is your husband, then?

Gotta love the English language, so much potential for misunderstanding.

View from the 'yak this morning. Just a few car-ha-why's that went back. The start of daylight savings time here today heralds the influx of sun seekers that rises to a chaotic crescendo towards the end of the year, so the opportunities for an unmolested sunrise paddle like this dry up for quite a few months. Glad to slip this one in while most were snoozing.
View attachment 762458

Why'd you let those salmons go? Trim off the red stuff and you've got breakfast, lunch and dinner sorted. Speaking of which, we're off to Brisbane tomorrow (half way up Australia, right hand side). My parents have bought a 12 metre coastal cruiser type boat thing and have been pestering us to go up and check it out. Reluctantly, we are heading up to see if the mackerels are on the bite. Hopefully we will catch more fish than human body parts, but you just never know around here. Pics to follow next week. :happybanana::cheers:

Latest posts

Back