MS362 limiter cap removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ppj690

Stihl MS880
Reaction score
Has anyone got a quick explanation of how to remove limiter caps from an MS362.
I’ve had a try but looks like the whole bloody handle assembly has to come off to gain access?!

Thanks in advance!

Take the carb off. Now saws are different here than there. But here, if I remember, you have to drill out plastic pins to remove the caps.The EPA wants caps on. But in their defense, they don’t design the gd things.
Some of the designs are just downright stupid.

My 2011 was easy. I just got fed up and twisted until the little stopper tabs broke. Ahhhh, fully adjustable. Done.

It worked nicely on my 2011, but since those ridiculous limiting tab systems changed lots over the years it may not be the solution on yours, idk.

Thanks Guys... Was easier than expected actually. Just lined up the little tab in the slot and pulled it out with a screw. Have replaced it after adjustment just to make sure it doesnt adjust itself!

Take the carb off. Now saws are different here than there. But here, if I remember, you have to drill out plastic pins to remove the caps.The EPA wants caps on. But in their defense, they don’t design the gd things.
Some of the designs are just downright stupid.
And when the EPA buys my OPE, I'll honor their wishes.

Back