Anniversary Present From Wife.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freudianfloyd

Clinically Diagnosed with CAD
Reaction score
So today my wife and I celebrated 14 years of wedded bliss. And she got me a kickass present.

So a little back story. Our local feed store sells Echo equipment. On the display they had what at the time was the smallest chainsaw I had ever seen. A little top handle CS-271T.

I couldnt justify the cost so I had to resort to handling it everytime I went in the store and then walkout without it.

Well a few weeks ago my wife and I were there, and I went to show her this little saw but the display had sold. Then she looked at the price and laughed and said that's ridiculous.

Anyway, being the awesome wife that she is, she went back and bought one and held onto it for me.

Well besides this Echo dealer, there is a Husqvarna dealer not too far away where she knows one of the employees. She asked him if they had a Husky comparable to this little Echo as she knew I am a big Husky fan.

The guy sent her back pics of the 435T and it was roughly $30 more than the Echo. She also looked into the CS2511T but they were sold out of it everywhere she went.

I never thought to ask for a Husky, and I wasnt aware Echo made a smaller saw than the 271T when I fell in love with it, but she got me second guessing myself.

She told me she wouldn't be offended if I traded the 271 in for either of the other saws. So now I'm asking you guys what you would do.

Things to keep in mind.....

1. I am no pro, it's a hobby.
2. I love Husqvarna
3. I liked this saw because it was so small but I dont want under-powered. The Husky is quite a bit bigger but more powerful.
4. I want a pro grade saw and even though this one says in multiple places, professional use only, I've heard it is a clamshell style and question its pro rating. Are any of the saws I mentioned Pro Grade?

So what would you do? I'm leaning towards keeping it because I am a hobbyist, its here in front of me, and she got it for me, but I just dont want to be disappointed and never grab the saw and make her investment a waste.

So basically you’re asking if we understand women And if you will get in trouble if you trade it in. No one knows lol all kindling aside though it will work just fine. Clamshells are easyer to work on in my opinion.
I believe her when she said she doesnt mind, that's not the question. The question is, will I regret the 271t instead of spending a little more and getting the T435 or 2511T.

My guess (since everyone here so far is guessing...where's the guy who has run all the gear in question??) is that a clamshell with an all metal crankcase housed in quality plastic could be a very durable design; why not?

It would be so nice if you could run them all for 10 minutes before buying.

My guess (since everyone here so far is guessing...where's the guy who has run all the gear in question??) is that a clamshell with an all metal crankcase housed in quality plastic could be a very durable design; why not?

It would be so nice if you could run them all for 10 minutes before buying.

I've not run the 271 but we had several 2511Ts purchase brand new at my last job and they were excellent. We had a T435 but it was a non-runner in the parts bin. Apparently it had a couple hours on it and then developed a carburetor problem. I never even cracked it open.

Well, currently, the homeowner rear-handle models are the 440, 445, 450, 455, & 460, which leads me to believe the 435 is at the beginning of that line.

It goes 435, 440, 445, 450 but the 435t has a different cylinder design.

Yeah, I cant figure out Husqvarnas numbering scheme.

With Husky, the last 2 digits (3, in the case of the 3120XP) is the Nominal cc size of the saw, the first # denotes the Family, or generation of the saw, so the 435T would be approximately 35cc's give or take, the 372XP is 70.3cc, the 394/395XP are 94 cc's

Now Stihl, There is a confusing #ing system

My 25 or so year old 23 compact, is one of the few departures, from that scheme, it is 2.3 CUID (Cubic Inch displacement), not 23 cc.

You want Spendy, the Husky Pro Grade Top Handle, the 540T is around $600:surprised3:

My little Old 23 Compact, may not be "Pro Grade", but it has been a Great little saw, and if you avoid the "Tim the Tool Man, Taylor Syndrome" you might just find that having at least one little Kitten, instead of all Lions, is kind of nice. There are times when that little top handle is simply, the right tool for the job, and it doesn't wear you out.

Either the saw the Wife got you, or the 435T, give it a chance;), it just might Surprise you:surprised3:

I have saws from my little 23 compact, one of the smallest Husqvarna has made to the 3120XP, the Biggest they make, and half a dozen or so in between, they all have a use, and they all have been used

Doug :cheers:

Well, currently, the homeowner rear-handle models are the 440, 445, 450, 455, & 460, which leads me to believe the 435 is at the beginning of that line.

Husqvarna also has a 435 rear handle, the "T" in 435T denotes it as a Top Handle;)

The last 2 digits indicates the Nominal CC size of the saw

435 40.9cc detuned 440, I believe

440 40.9cc

445 Used to be 45.7 IIRC, around 2016/17 it got bumped up to 50.2cc, detuned 450, I believe

450 50.2cc

455 55.5cc

460 60.3cc

Doug :cheers:

Latest posts

Back