Anniversary Present From Wife.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0,9 kw versus 1,1 kw or what?
If it itches then do what you need to do, it's all in your head though.

The 2511T is 1,1 kw, what is the 271T? my guess is 1,07 kw.

I agree with Full Chizel though, get what you really want and feel good about it. Even though it's all in your head.
Fuel tank is slightly bigger on the 271T, it's marginally but in time you will know what that is about.

Lets put it like this; if you get the 2511T you will never look back considering the alternative, I know by now that if you keep the 271T (which would be my choice) - you will always look back and wonder.

Yes it is worth it - if it gives you piece of mind.

The 2511T is 1,1 kw, what is the 271T? my guess is 1,07 kw.

I agree with Full Chizel though, get what you really want and feel good about it. Even though it's all in your head.
Fuel tank is slightly bigger on the 271T, it's marginally but in time you will know what that is about.
If the powers are that close, then I will just keep the saw I have and save the $90 difference.

Lets put it like this; if you get the 2511T you will never look back considering the alternative, I know by now that if you keep the 271T (which would be my choice) - you will always look back and wonder.

Yes it is worth it - if it gives you piece of mind.
I know I will be happy with either, but I always suffer from the fear of missing out. However, since I am not relying in this saw to make money, I think I will be fine with the one I have. I mean I did fall in love with the 271, I've never even held the 2511.

I think you should. It's a gift from your lovely wife and you can always think about that when you're running it.
Well no turning back now. I just put it together and cut some branches. It's a keeper. This thing has more power than I expected and cut some old dry ash with ease.

But the carb needs a tune, the throttle isnt as instant as it should be. So might as well mod the muffler too.

Let it run a few cuts before you decide to tune it, not that it don't benefit from tuning but it changes the first few tanks.

Yeah, I would love to have that saw myself :envy:
And I do know to appreciate exactly the properties of that saw.

I am working my mind to find out how I'm gonna remake the gas/oil tank caps on my 3 kg / 0,9 kw Zenoah clone, it's just a necessary inventory in my tools collection.

Yeah, I would love to have that saw myself :envy:
And I do know to appreciate exactly the properties of that saw.

I am working my mind to find out how I'm gonna remake the gas/oil tank caps on my 3 kg / 0,9 kw Zenoah clone, it's just a necessary inventory in my tools collection.
Have you thought about 3d printing the caps?

Have you thought about 3d printing the caps?

Yes I have, my brother does 3d printing. But it's not the caps it's the threads in the tank.
I'm nearly done with it now, a fiberglass tube with threads inside molded from polyester fiberglass reinforced spackle (fuel resistant), and glued in place with chemistry resistant epoxy (JB weld);
RIMG0108.JPG
I've only left to mold the rubber gasket (o-ring) seat, it seems to me it will become pretty good.

Funny thing is I contacted the importer and they offered to send me a new engine housing/frame for free, I agreed but to my surprise they sent me a complete new saw so now I have two of them :rolleyes:
Anyway the threads in the tank is a flaw with this particular saw so I needed to solve it nevertheless.

You have your mind settled now or are you still considering back and forth? I know my mind would not stop tinkering but in my experience it stops when you start using it.
I see many talk about muffler mods to these saws, I don't understand it. Mine is less power but for it's intended use it is plenty, besides if I was to do anything it would be for it to be quieter - not louder.
I de-branched a big felled beech wood tree with it (the one on my avatar), and up to 4" (about the thickness of an arm!:cry:) with a freshly sharpened chain it cuts through like butter.
Need to let it cut and not push it though, in softwood I can actually bury the whole bar in the wood (10") with a little patience.

I think you should. It's a gift from your lovely wife and you can always think about that when you're running it.

Ditto. Besides, the echo seems the better built saw. I have a 269T shindaiwa (which is bacically an echo) and love it.
I love Husqvarna very much as a brand but don"t like their equipment for anything smaller than 45cc, be it a hedge trimmer, saw or else.

Yes I have, my brother does 3d printing. But it's not the caps it's the threads in the tank.
I'm nearly done with it now, a fiberglass tube with threads inside molded from polyester fiberglass reinforced spackle (fuel resistant), and glued in place with chemistry resistant epoxy (JB weld);
View attachment 763480
I've only left to mold the rubber gasket (o-ring) seat, it seems to me it will become pretty good.

Funny thing is I contacted the importer and they offered to send me a new engine housing/frame for free, I agreed but to my surprise they sent me a complete new saw so now I have two of them :rolleyes:
Anyway the threads in the tank is a flaw with this particular saw so I needed to solve it nevertheless.

You have your mind settled now or are you still considering back and forth? I know my mind would not stop tinkering but in my experience it stops when you start using it.
I see many talk about muffler mods to these saws, I don't understand it. Mine is less power but for it's intended use it is plenty, besides if I was to do anything it would be for it to be quieter - not louder.
I de-branched a big felled beech wood tree with it (the one on my avatar), and up to 4" (about the thickness of an arm!:cry:) with a freshly sharpened chain it cuts through like butter.
Need to let it cut and not push it though, in softwood I can actually bury the whole bar in the wood (10") with a little patience.

Yes, I have decided to keep the CS271. There was a dealer with the 2511 nearby but they wanted $90 extra dollars for it, and I just couldnt justify that cost.

As far as I know, a professional tool is one that is designed to be suitable for professionals, and that is used by professionals.

Back