CENTRAL PA GTG. October 26,2019. (nuthin fancy)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You better bring your hoodie so you can run some huskys lol.
You gonna break out the jred :laugh:.
Would be cool to have that beast of a jred James has there.
90* here right now. Heading out to fill 2 bins with locust:sweet: now. I forget what he needs for it. A bar I think. Someone over in the other forum was checking if he had one to bring to the GTG.

90* here right now. Heading out to fill 2 bins with locust:sweet: now. I forget what he needs for it. A bar I think. Someone over in the other forum was checking if he had one to bring to the GTG.
Holy heck Batman I'm melting :baba:.
I've still got a lot of locust to cut here, that tornado kicked my butt, well that and being sick.

No splitting in these temps. Filling 2 bins kicked my butt. Cooler tomorrow and I'll hit it then.
I get that, but I'm sending you more rain today, should be there by tomorrow :innocent:.
May got drop that threatening locust today if it stays dry, it stopped for a bit here, but theres still a chance of more. Its almost as bad as the heat as I'm still sopping wet when I'm out in it :sucks:.

I get that, but I'm sending you more rain today, should be there by tomorrow :innocent:.
May got drop that threatening locust today if it stays dry, it stopped for a bit here, but theres still a chance of more. Its almost as bad as the heat as I'm still sopping wet when I'm out in it :sucks:.
We're not supposed to get to much rain. Guessers say a couple of tenths. Gonna cover some dry ash I want to split tomorrow .

Looks sweet.
Did you get the carb rebuilt.
20190908_175510.jpg I tore the carb down and it was near spotless inside so I put it back on. Ben said he completely rebuilt the saw shortly before it went into hibernation. Gaskets, seals, bearings, top end all new. Someone rented it out and ran it with the decomp open burned it up pretty bad.

I bought a pair of gloves last year cause everyone was giving me crap about not using them. Think I used them 5 or 6 times and went back to no gloves.
I prefer gloves when splitting/handling wood, but when I'm fueling the saws I usually take them off, even in the winter. I don't like to get my hands dirty :), it also saves them from getting pinched and slivers, just haven't remembered to get those husky gloves out for some reason.
View attachment 763108 I tore the carb down and it was near spotless inside so I put it back on. Ben said he completely rebuilt the saw shortly before it went into hibernation. Gaskets, seals, bearings, top end all new. Someone rented it out and ran it with the decomp open burned it up pretty bad.
Looks good, and real clean in there, what's wrong with it, need a piston?

This one has a kickstand, not sure why they didn't put a bigger dog on them from the factory their such beasts!
Want me to pull it and get it traced for you?

They'd be alot better if the cases had 4 flat corners so they'd sit flat. A fekking 390 gas tank swells up so much with use that even they'll tip over in the back of the truck

I prefer gloves when splitting/handling wood, but when I'm fueling the saws I usually take them off, even in the winter. I don't like to get my hands dirty :), it also saves them from getting pinched and slivers, just haven't remembered to get those husky gloves out for some reason.

Looks good, and real clean in there, what's wrong with it, need a piston?
20190503_163834.jpg Nothing wrong in here. I was just looking it over and cleaning it up some.

Latest posts

Back