Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got about 18 runners from 50 cc to 99 cc (a 660 big bore), and I use all of them now and then, but the two I tend to "go to" most are my two newest ones … My MMWS 261 Ver II and my 462.

They both have great power, are very light for their size, have smooth AV, air filters that need very infrequent cleaning and computerized tuning.

While I still like my older saws, there is just not much not to like with these new ones! My other saws are mostly for running longer bars, milling, or backup!
I love to run an old saw now and then even if it’s just for the sound.

My hands and left arm for a week after I ran that SXL all day. I cannot imagine running one of those for weeks on end.

The gas man was at my cabin this morning and filled my new bulk tank. And I’m supposedly getting a 30 cent discount per gallon cause it’s a new fill.

He also kindly left me some adult trick-or-treat :)

View attachment 763063
Nice, for those propane saws :D.

I've got about 18 runners from 50 cc to 99 cc (a 660 big bore), and I use all of them now and then, but the two I tend to "go to" most are my two newest ones … My MMWS 261 Ver II and my 462.

They both have great power, are very light for their size, have smooth AV, air filters that need very infrequent cleaning and computerized tuning.

While I still like my older saws, there is just not much not to like with these new ones! My other saws are mostly for running longer bars, milling, or backup!
Hoping :rolleyes: to have a new 261 by GTG time if my dealer can get one in by then.

Nothing like some quiet therapy time sharpening some chains and drinking some beers.

d54c7874a0486bbbbcdc1794cd9b1eaf.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Nothing like some quiet therapy time sharpening some chains and drinking some beers.

d54c7874a0486bbbbcdc1794cd9b1eaf.jpg

It would be cool if you marked the vise base so you could rotate it at 25 and 30 degrees, then you could use the edge of your tailgate liner as a guide.

One thing I like about my Husky's is I never have to sharpen them. They hang in the barn for decoration.. The Stihl's do the real work. :)View attachment 763141 View attachment 763142

I dont know how you do things but I only sharpen the chain. Iv never tried to sharpen the saw. [emoji848]

Must be a “stihl” thing eh. [emoji6]

Anything ferrous under that vice that won't like filings sitting on it, getting caught up in it?

I take it apart frequently and clean it out.

The apply Fluid Film to prevent rust. FF is the prevention and cure for rust cancer.

I do my truck once a year.

I take it apart frequently and clean it out.

The apply Fluid Film to prevent rust. FF is the prevention and cure for rust cancer.

I do my truck once a year.

So it's really your fluid filmed ram you are grasping!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

You must have forgotten this: (it is a Talladega FYI, only made in 69, and my Brother had one).

https://www.roadandtrack.com/motors...time-richard-petty-forsook-plymouth-for-ford/

I remember my first rides in my brother's Talladega. It was really just a 1969 Torino with an aero front end extension (including new front fenders) and aero mirrors.

It was the first car I was ever in that did not make wind noise at highway speeds … it was the future. It is likely hard for most of the younger guys to grasp the importance of this, as we take it for granted now, but it was a dramatic difference.

FYI, Ford only made 500 (or just over, there is some debate) of them, they only came in Red, White or Blue (with black hoods, my brother's was white), they also (surprisingly) only came with bench seats and an auto on the column! However, the engine was a 428 SCJ, and the tranny was a type 3 … which is a wide ratio C-6 … perfect for street use! It had 3:25 rear gears.

After we modded the engine with an 800 dp Holly and Mallory Photo Cell electronic ignition it would slam into 3rd at 90 MPH and break the tires loose. It was a real nice street car.

We had light snow on vehicles this morning. Areas to the north and west had a decent amount of accumulation on any surface off the ground. Hard to believe the state saw mid 80's on monday.4580AE2F-0B5C-49AA-8662-635731CFB773.jpeg

I REALLY want to get my last bit of wood cut for the year but now they are saying rain all day Saturday and Sunday. It is like there is no relief. Rain two days next week too darnit.

Back