Getting lazy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Saw this on a local sales site and decided to give it a try. Definitely not a necessity but I like checking out the gadgets. Hauled the first load of old wood up the hill to the shed and it is a step up from using the wheel barrow. Also easier getting into tight places than with the quad and trailer.
d222642f7c9e3807dd6c31e0942017f2.jpg
26234c78a0289dba8ee49156578dbad7.jpg
cfa348097103eca8745fa47ca409bc2c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's cool.

sent from a field

It really is! They're used a lot in Italy and France in the alpine regions, I gather. Not fast, by any means, but mighty torque. I often go outside for a pee and just stand there looking at it (the machine) admiring the engineering philosophy behind it. Used it to pull and skid small trees in the woods as well. It's not up to production skidding, but can out-pull three men for leaners and smaller snagged trees.

IMG_20190504_163214705.jpg

It really is! They're used a lot in Italy and France in the alpine regions, I gather. Not fast, by any means, but mighty torque. I often go outside for a pee and just stand there looking at it (the machine) admiring the engineering philosophy behind it. Used it to pull and skid small trees in the woods as well. It's not up to production skidding, but can out-pull three men for leaners and smaller snagged trees.

View attachment 763265
That's a beautiful spot.

sent from a field

Back