Buckin Billy Ray

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s nice to see people who like his attitude. To tell you the truth we need more people with his kind of “spirit” so to say.
Upbeat, positive and just genuinely happy about life and most importantly happy to make others happy.
Someone who doesn’t give a crap about what others think of them, someone who just wants to make you smile.

If your looking to criticize people like that, think twice and ask yourself, what exactly is the problem with this person? Nothing.

We grow up through school and life constantly comparing ourselves to what we should be, what we should look like or act like, it’s hard to get out of this mess of BS. People like billy remind us that it’s ok to be ourselves and to enjoy life and just as important make others enjoy it with you!
When I see selfless happy people making others happy it makes me look at the Hollywood scene and the fashion industry and I feel like I want to puke.

/rant

It’s nice to see people who like his attitude. To tell you the truth we need more people with his kind of “spirit” so to say.
Upbeat, positive and just genuinely happy about life and most importantly happy to make others happy.
Someone who doesn’t give a crap about what others think of them, someone who just wants to make you smile.

If your looking to criticize people like that, think twice and ask yourself, what exactly is the problem with this person? Nothing.

We grow up through school and life constantly comparing ourselves to what we should be, what we should look like or act like, it’s hard to get out of this mess of BS. People like billy remind us that it’s ok to be ourselves and to enjoy life and just as important make others enjoy it with you!
When I see selfless happy people making others happy it makes me look at the Hollywood scene and the fashion industry and I feel like I want to puke.

/rant
Well said! Anyone who has anything bad to say about him need to look at themselves first! The guy is as genuine as you can be and he has helped more people than most realize!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

/rant

Good rant for sure!! Have you watched Reg Coates' channel? He's got a great attitude/vibe as well (though nobody's got the energy Buckin' does, Steve['s Saloon] gets halfway there although Buckin' is a different level!)

I watched him for a while but haven't ever since his new video where he's very, very heavily promoting WEAVER....when I saw this thread I searched it for Weaver but found no hits so wanted to get others' thoughts....I think that Buckin' had/has a great message/attitude but I find it to be totally in-conflict / in contradiction to his doing a promotional piece for Weaver, hell the video I saw explaining the drama even mentions how badly Weaver needed positive PR (I'd say they are beyond redemption but to each their own) and then instead of backing-off Richard Mumford, they spend next-to-nothing by making a (really nice)custom-embroidered harness and some leather gear for Buckin' and BOOM they've got a glowing PSA on their brand, brand-name in the video title and all, I posted to the comments I should probably check if he replied (I usually assume nobody replies to youtube comments, unsure why the hell I ever leave them in the 1st place although the comment-space for Buckin' is usually pretty positive)

It's just a conflict-of-interest thing, I mean his video is a *fantastic* advertisement for Weaver, w/o a doubt, it's hard to imagine that Buckin' was oblivious to the drama but maybe he was, if he was I feel that subsequently learning about it should make him tone-down his support, but if he did know that Weaver could reallllly use a good dose of PR after how they handled Mumford, and then Buckin' took the nice harness & did a (very cool) promotional-video for them, it just shatters all the good I saw in him (no amount of 'good vibes' can counterbalance someone who'd do a promotional video in this context, although again it's possible he was oblivious - would love to hear people's thoughts, I really don't want to dislike him but wouldn't be able to see him the same way if he did that promotional video knowing how&why Weaver needed it done..)

Good rant for sure!! Have you watched Reg Coates' channel? He's got a great attitude/vibe as well (though nobody's got the energy Buckin' does, Steve['s Saloon] gets halfway there although Buckin' is a different level!)

I watched him for a while but haven't ever since his new video where he's very, very heavily promoting WEAVER....when I saw this thread I searched it for Weaver but found no hits so wanted to get others' thoughts....I think that Buckin' had/has a great message/attitude but I find it to be totally in-conflict / in contradiction to his doing a promotional piece for Weaver, hell the video I saw explaining the drama even mentions how badly Weaver needed positive PR (I'd say they are beyond redemption but to each their own) and then instead of backing-off Richard Mumford, they spend next-to-nothing by making a (really nice)custom-embroidered harness and some leather gear for Buckin' and BOOM they've got a glowing PSA on their brand, brand-name in the video title and all, I posted to the comments I should probably check if he replied (I usually assume nobody replies to youtube comments, unsure why the hell I ever leave them in the 1st place although the comment-space for Buckin' is usually pretty positive)

It's just a conflict-of-interest thing, I mean his video is a *fantastic* advertisement for Weaver, w/o a doubt, it's hard to imagine that Buckin' was oblivious to the drama but maybe he was, if he was I feel that subsequently learning about it should make him tone-down his support, but if he did know that Weaver could reallllly use a good dose of PR after how they handled Mumford, and then Buckin' took the nice harness & did a (very cool) promotional-video for them, it just shatters all the good I saw in him (no amount of 'good vibes' can counterbalance someone who'd do a promotional video in this context, although again it's possible he was oblivious - would love to hear people's thoughts, I really don't want to dislike him but wouldn't be able to see him the same way if he did that promotional video knowing how&why Weaver needed it done..)

I was wondering when this would be brought up. You have to look it all sides of this story, I've talked with Buckin extensively about this. I have nothing against Richard, but he took a design pioneered by Michael, made modifications to it and then started selling it without consulting Michael, if you invented something an someone took it and "made it better" and started selling it without consulting you how would you feel? It wasnt till later when Michael became employed by weaver and in turn weaver gained all of his intellectual property did weaver get involved. There should have been more due diligence done to make sure no toes were being stepped on, because there wasn't it has turned into an all out war on Weaver. EDIT: All because weaver is protecting Michael and their intellectual property, which is what anyone would do in their situation.

If you don't get stuff in writing, it's fair game, free market. Plus no one really cares about this other than maybe a handful forum members somewhere.[emoji23] Someone's always got to be a Negative Nancy.[emoji111]

I get what @eye.heart.trees is saying about Buckin' promoting Weaver. He isnt really someone who you would imagine promoting a company.

BUT. And it is a big but (at least in my opinion). He does seem to really like Weaver, having talked about them a LOT in his videos. I dont think he is just promoting them because they are paying him.
Also, ad revenue has gone to sh1t on youtube in the last few years and a lot of youtubers (even people thought to be to big to fail) have had to get sponsorships and affiliations to cover mass demonitized videos. Although Buckin's videos seem to have ads in them most of the time.
If he likes and trusts the company then where is the fault in him promoting them. imo.

I get what @eye.heart.trees is saying about Buckin' promoting Weaver. He isnt really someone who you would imagine promoting a company.

BUT. And it is a big but (at least in my opinion). He does seem to really like Weaver, having talked about them a LOT in his videos. I dont think he is just promoting them because they are paying him.
Also, ad revenue has gone to sh1t on youtube in the last few years and a lot of youtubers (even people thought to be to big to fail) have had to get sponsorships and affiliations to cover mass demonitized videos. Although Buckin's videos seem to have ads in them most of the time.
If he likes and trusts the company then where is the fault in him promoting them. imo.
Funny thing is I haven't even noticed him supporting Weaver. My guess is climbers pick up on that stuff, didn't even register, and honestly, good for him.

Funny thing is I haven't even noticed him supporting Weaver. My guess is climbers pick up on that stuff, didn't even register, and honestly, good for him.
He has a couple videos where he is field testing Weaver's new felling belt for loggers, and the latest ones he is just talking about how high quality it is and after the changes they made to it that he suggested how functional it is now. And your right, most climbers are a tight knit group of people.

His young lad has the makings of a good logger too. And he can climb.
There used to be 2 other young fellas in his videos, are they his sons too? Victor and someone else.
Victor and Nick Hanna. They are still around and Buckin still does some tree work for Vic every now and then, but since Hogan started climbing he does most of the work for Vic. Nick still hangs out every now and then when he isn't working.

Sounds like there is a huge back story that maybe only a small group of people know about. I am not one of them "in the know" regarding Weaver or what may have transpired with them and their product. Whatever that may be, it wouldn't change my opinion of Billy. He doesnt seem to be a guy who wants to get involved with that sort of drama. If you feel differently then you must not watch him very much.

As far as I can tell, he's used weaver in the past and liked their product and they reached out to him and asked for his opinion on refining the belt. How Weaver got to the point where they were with the belt prior to asking for Billy's input is no reflection on Billy IMO and is irrelevant.

Originally he was not promoting them. He did a review on the belt and gave them feedback. They refined it and made it into a well functioning belt and he likes it. They gave him and Hogan new belts with custom inscriptions and they also gave them climbing harnesses. Now Weaver is promoting Billy by giving him some of the earnings from sales of the new belt. So, yeah of course Billy's now going to promote them. That's not a crime IMO and I wouldn't fault anyone for taking advantage of a situation like that. In fact, I'm happy for him.

I did go to Buckin' Stock, met him and his family. I can tell you without a doubt, there's nothing fake about him. What you see is what you get. The thing about it is, he has way too much character and is so overly committed to his message of kindness to fake something like that. There's no way anyone has enough energy to fake something like that. I strongly encourage everyone to go next year if you can make it. It was a blast and felt like I made some new life long friends.

His young lad has the makings of a good logger too. And he can climb.
There used to be 2 other young fellas in his videos, are they his sons too? Victor and someone else.
Victor is not family. Hes another young tree man who runs his own tree company. He doesnt have his Faller certificate (that I know of) so he relies on Billy to do falling for him. The other young man you might have seen is Nick Hanna maybe? He was on a few times, did some milling with him but is not family and just an acquaintance as far as I know. His son Hogan did start a tree business and is working with one of his friends who also works as a groundie with another local company. Tyson I believe is his name. He was with him on a job that they had to take a boat ride to get on the island. That was Hogans first tree job under his new company name.

I really want to go if I can make it. Judging by the videos it looked like great craic.
They did it a little different this year than the first (so I was told). It had structure so he moved around and a crowd followed. I hope in the future it doesnt get so large that you lose the ability to get time with him. After all that's why we're all there. However I will say, if you're not socializing with the rest of the folks there then you are missing out on the true purpose.

He has a couple videos where he is field testing Weaver's new felling belt for loggers, and the latest ones he is just talking about how high quality it is and after the changes they made to it that he suggested how functional it is now. And your right, most climbers are a tight knit group of people.

OK I remember those videos. I can't believe anyone would take that as him promoting a product, at least not at that time. LOL people are so touchy feely now a days.

Back