Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent several hours wrenching on saws and sharpening chains. It’s funny how the time goes by.

Supposed to rain all day tomorrow so I’ll continue to work on these saws. Hope to have my 268 running tomorrow.

Had a setback on one of the saws that I was going to donate to the Zogger fundraiser so I’m a bit peeved on that. May sub in a different saw.

Well was snowing here all morning, let up this afternoon and was nice out 0943004F-A84B-4064-AAA6-748CE85F3A23.jpeg so went out to burn some limbs and cut up a limb that broke out of the big Pine behind our house couple days ago661CA523-8FB5-4EB4-BECC-FC5A2A48E333.jpegGlad it didn’t hit anything, pretty good sized and came from close to the top1BE486F3-E525-405A-AE92-D475D1B15C6D.jpegI think I’m going to have to cut some more limbs off, the way it is if some break off up higher on the south side they could slide off this lower limb and hit the neighbors house, pretty big limb, probably close to 28” CEF6A97A-41B0-4941-989F-B1C3DD3987B6.jpegor more...
A lot of the limbs are broke and twisted but still hanging on.A4E8EFED-6CA1-414B-92A5-6C16A7EA43E8.jpeg you can see where some broke off years ago. Must be tremendous amount of limb weight, surprised some didn’t break off with the snow we had last year . The tree is almost 20’ around chest high.

No scrounging tomorrow, Paul Bunyan Festival. @jamesmiller, you gotta head west next year and hook up with me and go over. Worth the day you spend there.
I'll put it on the list for next year. Working 5-10 this morning then Thunder on the Farm tonight so today wouldn't have worked for me. Have a safe trip ask Nate what the price would be on a 28" bar for the 7910 for me.

Too much junk.....Couldn’t find the muffler for the 268 I’m working on. Trying to remember if I even got one. Checked pics of the saw I took this summer-yep it’s got a muffler.

Found it last night. Damn thing was in a box with clothes that was inside the cabin.
I lost a Swiss Army knife 2 weeks ago, found it last night in the washing machine. A guy I used to work with lost his remote for his tv, went and bought a new universal remote. A month later he found the original remote in his freezer!!!:crazy: Needless to say he was single.

I lost a Swiss Army knife 2 weeks ago, found it last night in the washing machine. A guy I used to work with lost his remote for his tv, went and bought a new universal remote. A month later he found the original remote in his freezer!!!:crazy: Needless to say he was single.
I found a big bag of Costco coffee in the shed the other day.

I’ve found stuff in weird places. Also we’ve moved several times. My wife just “packs”. She fills boxes with whatever fits so there’s no rhyme or reason what gets put where. Unpacking is like Christmas lol.

I found a big bag of Costco coffee in the shed the other day.

I’ve found stuff in weird places. Also we’ve moved several times. My wife just “packs”. She fills boxes with whatever fits so there’s no rhyme or reason what gets put where. Unpacking is like Christmas lol.
That’s the only good thing about Alzheimer’s, you can buy yourself Christmas presents and still be surprised.

That’s the only good thing about Alzheimer’s, you can buy yourself Christmas presents and still be surprised.
I’ll be going through old stuff and find things that I had ZERO recollection of buying. And I’m only 40.

Granted a lot of it was pre-children. To think of the excess income we had each month prior to kids. LOL

I’ll be going through old stuff and find things that I had ZERO recollection of buying. And I’m only 40.

Granted a lot of it was pre-children. To think of the excess income we had each month prior to kids. LOL
and you will find this again if your not a "give me" parent" to your kids and grand kids! lol ??? "UHM,uhm" …. lol

This fall is really getting on my nerves. It’s been too damn wet to do much of anything.

I want to put in 2 1/2 more cords of scrounge for myself plus have 1 1/2 for a friend (rounds already bucked) that he may or may not want until spring.

Rain predicted all day today, all morning tomorrow, and Tuesday. Then snow Thursday and Friday.

Luckily my deer stands don’t need much work, or at least they didn’t when I last checked on them.

Yeppers....wet all week. Rain all day today. My wood in the open even has funk growing on it. Guess it'll be a day in the shop and an early start on my aluminum can collection
There’s a low income rental home in town that I drive by frequently. A limb broke out of the tree this summer in their front yard. It has been laying there for weeks and the main beam of the limb is almost completely engulfed in bright yellow fungus now. Certainly not normal for MN (the fungus)!!!

Latest posts

Back