Shindiawa 2 stroke oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natster

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I've always used Stihl saws, and stihl oil. Mixed at 45/1 or so.
Well, my local stihl dealer went out of business. The other saw shop is different. They Sell echo saws. They service all brands. But, they only sell shindiawa 2 stroke oil. They say it's the best on the market. It's expensive. One bottle of it, to make 2-1/2 gallons of gas is nearly $6. I've looked online, and it's a bit hard to find. And, still is expensive. Anyhow, I'm thinking about just ordering the stihl oil online, or its an HR away to another stihl shop. Time marches on. Change. Then, I find echo oil looks to be the same or similar. I also remember as a kid, mixing up 30 wt oil @ 30:1, and opening the Jets a bit. It smoked, but it lubricated.
If it don't drip a bit of oil, out of the exhaust, it ain't lubes good! I'm sure there will be opinions on this, but I'm not a heavy user. I use about 10 batches a year, or 25 gallons of 2 stroke pre mix. That's not enough to develop a bunch of opinions, of my own.
I like 2 strokes, and want to take care of them.
Thanks.
Nate

I’ve used Shindaiwa oil in the past but now it’s more convenient for me to get the Husqvarna oil and seems to work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to a local bike shop and pick up any oil in this list.

Yamalube 2R
Honda HP2
Maxima K2 or Super M
Motul 710 or 800
Amsoil Saber
All better and less expensive than OEM oils.

I went through a 55 gallon drum of Super M with out any oil issues. Very very good stuff. I had a pail that I forgot about for a couple of years. After a year or so it will start to settle or separate. I just added a small amount of fuel to it and mixed very well with out any problems. Yamalube also has proved to be bullet proof. I ran these in my dirt bikes also. So I know if they can stand the test. Every motor would get torn down after 40 hours. These motors went through more than just extreme use with minor scoring once and a while. Thanks

I like the royal purple stuff.
It can be used for water and air cooled so I use it in my outboard also.
Oil really can't be used for both water and air cooled engines. Ive looked at that oil and would I personally would not run it in my equipment.

Yamalube is about the least expensive oil on the market I've found, OEM oils are by far the most expensive.

Has Klotz R50 fallen out of the discussion of top saw mix oil?
Very capable race engine oil , that is torn down routinely . 50 hrs would show lots of deposits & residue . I would not recommend in a homeowner saw application , perhaps in commercial saws that are run hard & long with adequate servicing . Hotsaw usage would be a good niche for the castor based oils were extreme porting & elevated rpm & high heat will be achieved , along with religious tear downs for proper inspection & servicing .

Latest posts

Back