Unrealistic and misleading Chainsaw reviews.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a west coaster, southern Vancouver island, I don't like name dropping, but I was born and raised right down the highway from walkers saw shop, and didn't know how renowned he was till I got onto this site and started seeing walkers name all
Over the place, and don't even get me started on oils and their centistoke ratings lol, I have done a lot of research on the brands I run and for specific reasons, there are a lot of crappy
Oils that have gotten a good reputation just because someone says it's a great oil :/

Yeah , you have to be mechanically inclined to properly understand the merits of various class,s of oil and greases for that matter . I see your still a youngin , so you probably do not understand the merits of caster oils vs general mineral oils of my era . I only brought it up in jest because back in my motocross and snowmobile days every enthusiast had his personal hyped favorite , however did not have any idea of oil specifications & api standards of the time , let alone the measurement of fluid travel at various temperatures , therefore just bought what the local dealer supplied . It was not until I personally saw what the rigours of racing could do to engine components that I ran engine service duty specific grade premium oils . Hell back in the 60,s we ran sae -30 4 cycle oil not only for bar oil but @ 16:1 in our saws , kept the spark plug and head gasket manufacturers in business until superior 2-stroke specific oils were designed lol. Anyhow beautiful County around Vancover I fished @ Talfino beach , took the ferry across , videoed the whales ! All The Best Bud !

Lol, may be a little young, but I still appreciate castors as that's what I started out racing mx with, and even recently got turned onto this stuff called bi-tron XL2, it's a bleach treated castor oil additive, it mixes with ester synthetics and non synthetic pre mix, and holy Hannah, watch out, felt like I gave my bike a fresh top end with 15ml to 10l of fuel, ontop of my regular mix at the time, maxima K2, and boy oh boy!! DID IT EVER REVVV! Amazing stuff, came out of Richmond bc in the 80's and even at that time, it was $30.00 a bottle, with less than 500mls in it, soooo quite expensive at the time, it's hard find any now, as the company has been sold off, and is now based out of Australia, and even finding it for sale online is tough. Even though the world has gone to semi and ester synthetics, I still hold castor oils in high regards, it's good stuff, even though it needs a strict maintenance schedule, it's high temp lubrication abilities have only recently been matched by the highest end esters.

I'm on ipone stroke 2r now, it's stats are incredible, and I am super pleased with its performance, I am pretty hypersensitive to any changes with my machine, so I do notice things when my friends have no clue there is anything different, timing change, fork heights clicker changes, I feel everything, I rarely don't, even the guys who say they don't feel any change, have changed clickers on my bike to have me come back Into the pits to undo them, and they are baffled that I notice when Iv done drastic changes to their setups and they say it feels the exact same. My buttdyno never lies lol, I can tell a seat of the pants change.

As far as Ontario goes, Iv kinda been to a few places there for work in the last decade, I lived in Hamilton for 8 months going to welding school, and then after that, I lived right on highway 6 to Guelph, on 7 acres, and was able to ride out my backyard, and I traveled north to deep bay I believe it was called, and went and rode moto-park, it was pretty awesome, more recently, I was working out of little current and between manitoulan and goat islands doing some self supporting terminations for the sub marine cables there.

As for bc, I was born and raised on Vancouver island till I moved to Ontario at 21, and ohhhh boy have I had some fun nights roaming tofino s beaches. Taker easy!

Small world , families originally from Hamilton , actually sister lives in Oakville now . Remember highway 6 well , travelled from T.O. to St. Cat,s to local Pub,s back in the 70,s when I was finishing my Steamfitting College yrs @ George Brown Castleloma Campus . All The Best Bro , keep making Smoke Dude !

Back