Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you guys viewing the forum on ?
Android and firefox. Routed through a USA proxy and no go either. Are you sure you have your permissions set properly at google drive or whatever google service you are using to host the images? IIRC we have been down this road before with your pics. Are the other ones you posted that we can all see hosted the same way with the same permissions, etc?

Went to a tree sale today and bought some future firewood for my grand children. And as a little test I'm posting a few pictures for you guys to figure out what it is. One for some reason is turned sideways. I will be back tomorrow night to see if anyone guesses correctly. The pictures are kind of the same thing but two different ways to get same result.
20191005_150719.jpg 20191005_142235.jpg 20191005_142237.jpg

Attachments

• 20191005_142536.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
Went to a tree sale today and bought some future firewood for my grand children. And as a little test I'm posting a few pictures for you guys to figure out what it is. One for some reason is turned sideways. I will be back tomorrow night to see if anyone guesses correctly. The pictures are kind of the same thing but two different ways to get same result.
View attachment 763827 View attachment 763829 View attachment 763830
I think I see a Norway maple on far left. Not sure on the others. Pic not clear enough on my phone.

The trees are Ruby red maples, Hackberry, sugar maples, fantasy maples and some other ones. They even gave a planting demonstration. Well for some reason the good pics aren't working out right. If you click on the last attached file it shows the last one. These are Amish farms and they sell naturally weathered barn boards. You can see the boards look like fences but they are actually put there so that they weather better. The last picture the Teepee looking things are on the leeside of a small bush and are several 100' long and at least 4 rows of them. You can see the sections were they have taken the old boards off and have installed new boards in their place. The boards are held on with double head nails to make it easy to remove them. The nails also rust a little to make the boards look correct. The auction company also does the same thing on their tree enclosure. The boards are left exposed for about 3 years. 20191005_095450.jpg 20191005_100330.jpg

After many hours of splitting ash rounds, finally started stacking today. Holy crud there's still a lot of stacking that needs to happen though.

Once I get all this done, I'll start socking away rounds for next winter. Just ordered large feeling spikes for the MS 461, and 3 extra sets of chains for both my saws, so that should keep me supplied for the winter. Lots more dead ash to bring down in the woodlot. Want to get it all out of there before it falls and rots on the dirt.

59198418426__0781B1B5-FCEC-41A2-9976-19CF01EB2A43.jpg59198440001__8A9FBC3F-810D-4DBC-8E3E-B4C985E31788.jpg

I was hoping google photos changed , I guess not .
I'll repost pics tomorrow .
I knew I saw pics last night on my phone but can't see them on the laptop this morning. I didn't think i had to many :givebeer: so i just checked my phone and the pics are there.

This forum works great with the Tapatalk app. Allows easy uploads of pics directly from your phone. Manages all your notifications well. It's an app that will manage many forums. I use it to follow several forums. This thread obviously and a boat forum, a snowmobile forum. You can choose to follow specific threads and topics in your feed and to unfollow. It's super easy to use and figure out, even for me, a low tech man in a high tech world!
Tapatalk is free and if you don't like it, just uninstall it.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

This forum works great with the Tapatalk app. Allows easy uploads of pics directly from your phone. Manages all your notifications well. It's an app that will manage many forums. I use it to follow several forums. This thread obviously and a boat forum, a snowmobile forum. You can choose to follow specific threads and topics in your feed and to unfollow. It's super easy to use and figure out, even for me, a low tech man in a high tech world!
Tapatalk is free and if you don't like it, just uninstall it.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Interesting. I tried tapatalk and didn’t care for it. I just leave a safari window open at all times with AS loaded.

If I joined any more forums my wife would leave me LOL

Latest posts

Back