Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After many hours of splitting ash rounds, finally started stacking today. Holy crud there's still a lot of stacking that needs to happen though.

Once I get all this done, I'll start socking away rounds for next winter. Just ordered large feeling spikes for the MS 461, and 3 extra sets of chains for both my saws, so that should keep me supplied for the winter. Lots more dead ash to bring down in the woodlot. Want to get it all out of there before it falls and rots on the dirt.

View attachment 763858View attachment 763859
Nice pictures. I think you’ve posted here before one or twice before but welcome to the finest wood gathering thread on the net!

Interesting. I tried tapatalk and didn’t care for it. I just leave a safari window open at all times with AS loaded.

If I joined any more forums my wife would leave me LOL
The boat and snowmobile ones are seasonal. So not too hard to manage. This is a very active thread with a core group of guys that makes it difficult to keep up if you're gone a few days! It's also seasonal. Not a lot of scrounging in Northern hemisphere in winter. It's the Aussies and Kiwis that keep if from becoming totally hunting and maple syrup!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

I used both when I first started but found the app to be way simpler for me and it uses less data than leaving a window open.
754a3f8988d34c935e2d254869cbe231.jpg

Split up some dead oak for future seasons. Nice change in the weather, has been in the 90’s for months. Finally in the 60-70’s for the high and 50 at night. Won’t be long till I get to light the first fire, I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas.
a32d3c8eb4f2b8b8d6929ccb33422f3f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn’t supposed to rain till 1, was raining by 11:20. I said screw it.

I wanted to lay in twelve cords by winter and I’m at 10. Everything is a sloppy wet mess. May just say screw it in general and do more hunting.
Speaking of hunting, Sorry @JustJeff ;) I went to Wal-Mart this morning for groceries and thought I should get my hunting license. The young man at the counter said you know you qualify for lifetime senior license? HUH! OUCH!! $101 and change gets me a general tag, furtaker,archery and muzzleloader tags for the next 50 years.o_O Stihl have to buy bear,antlerless deer and pheasant tags if i want/need them.

I wanted to lay in twelve cords by winter and I’m at 10. Everything is a sloppy wet mess. May just say screw it in general and do more hunting.
There's a whole lot of that going around this year. Wettest summer I've ever experienced

I have to make little deals with myself if I want to get anything done. Like if I winterize the camper and get the boat put up for winter and fix the downspout on the house, then I can play with firewood and dink with outboard motors like this 1969 Evinrude 9.5 I picked up last month.
17d2a8577561d89356e78891a8c8ec7a.jpg
8d5a939a0f7a89327fb7c9cf345235ee.jpg

I have to make little deals with myself if I want to get anything done. Like if I winterize the camper and get the boat put up for winter and fix the downspout on the house, then I can play with firewood and dink with outboard motors like this 1969 Evinrude 9.5 I picked up last month.
17d2a8577561d89356e78891a8c8ec7a.jpg
8d5a939a0f7a89327fb7c9cf345235ee.jpg

If it’s got water coming from the pee hole, all is good!

[QUOTE}

Piccy's work ?

Nope, i get a circle with a dash in it.[/QUOTE]

Well ,,,
I started yesterday at 1:30 , worked till 5pm then started at 12:30 today and was done at 3:30 .
I called my buddy Jeff to give me a hand on the last 2 trees .

1wZ0Psg.jpg
tS5ndbJ.jpg

Now looks like
E9BY3UR.jpg

Polly got cord and a half of sugar maple and the same with birch .
Got several hemlock logs to saw up and ,,,
SPRUCE !!!!

cWbVaW4.jpg

CN8q1PA.jpg

5kZNi4N.jpg

RcyOxgT.jpg

Nope, i get a circle with a dash in it.

Well ,,,
I started yesterday at 1:30 , worked till 5pm then started at 12:30 today and was done at 3:30 .
I called my buddy Jeff to give me a hand on the last 2 trees .

1wZ0Psg.jpg
tS5ndbJ.jpg

Now looks like
E9BY3UR.jpg

Polly got cord and a half of sugar maple and the same with birch .
Got several hemlock logs to saw up and ,,,
SPRUCE !!!!

cWbVaW4.jpg

CN8q1PA.jpg

5kZNi4N.jpg

RcyOxgT.jpg
So is this saw the replacement for the “Ryobi” or the same saw?

Hows the deer season looking up your way? ehd,cwd, tb, blue tongue hurt your herd ?

Have 3 resident deer 2 does 1 buck. Will be fun to see what passes through once the fields open up.

My son had this one over his bear bait the other day. Ya gotta stare at it a bit to see him. Unfortunately its private land he won't be deer hunting there. This is north east of Princeton off the river bottom.
img20191005_102318.jpg

Well my hand got between 2 red fir rounds that were having a disagreement last weekend 616F1539-511C-465A-9A2B-6460A8123CF2.jpegwedding ring not quite round anymore 613790B7-8121-43F4-9A2E-FFB8844A5E9A.jpegSkin died and came off where red spot was. Prolly would have been fine if it was spruce:yes:
Firewood lesson for the day-cut spruce it’s safer:)
That’s all I got..
Oh, and it’s been unusually wet here this year too.

Attachments

• D6A51BD1-E1FF-4AE6-BC4B-2391F075E217.jpeg
    D6A51BD1-E1FF-4AE6-BC4B-2391F075E217.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back