Horse power and chain size Husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which bar mfg?

07a180db00377a11f6a04e679262e205.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36” tree? I’d use a 36” bar. Cutting from 2 sides is a royal pita.

I don’t see how even a 25” bar is reasonable in either of the two saws the OP mentioned. Could be done, but not for continual use.

I use a ported 395 with a 36 in 404 when I need to really get things done. I’m a Stihl aficionado, but the 395 is truly “The King”.

07a180db00377a11f6a04e679262e205.jpg

There's a few 32" k095 floating around out there. There was one for sale on 0pe within the last year. Made by Oregon I believe. From the discussion it sparked, I believe they were basically used as "knot bumpers" on 262XPs on landings. I had a pretty hot 262 that probably would have pulled it pretty well in softer wood.

There's a few 32" k095 floating around out there. There was one for sale on 0pe within the last year. Made by Oregon I believe. From the discussion it sparked, I believe they were basically used as "knot bumpers" on 262XPs on landings. I had a pretty hot 262 that probably would have pulled it pretty well in softer wood.

That and some of the guys like that length or a 28 for alder slashing.

36” tree? I’d use a 36” bar. Cutting from 2 sides is a royal pita.

I don’t see how even a 25” bar is reasonable in either of the two saws the OP mentioned. Could be done, but not for continual use.

I use a ported 395 with a 36 in 404 when I need to really get things done. I’m a Stihl aficionado, but the 395 is truly “The King”.

That'd be nice but hard for most of us to justify unless you're doing it all the time. I bought my 372 to deal with a large tree (36") that we had already cut down using 60cc saws with 20" bars. The smaller bars and saws worked but was slow going after it was cut down. The 24" bar for bucking the wood that size has worked well and hasnt required cutting from both sides. . I'd probably like bigger but this was a good compromise for now and 90% of my stuff is smaller. I have another tree I'd like to bring down and of we decide to I'll go ahead with a 28" bar.

I would buy a used pro saw 100x before I would buy a new 4 series rancher. If you are any bit mechanically inclined, the used looks nicer. There are quite a few saws on here for sale by reputable people that I'd consider before touching a plastic case saw...

I've run a 24" bar on my 460 Rancher for years, but I did go with a skip tooth chain. It works, but I wouldn't say it's a fast cutter by any means. Now that I have a 372XP with a 24" bar and full comp chain I'll likely downsize and get a 20 or 18" bar and full comp chain for the 460, I think it'll like that much better.

I got my 550 Mk 2 from Bob also, and the 576 AT before that. Great guy!
how are you liking it ? , ran the pop out of mine, wore lots of paint off the bar and the 572xp, buried 28 inch bar in Chinese elm, last weekend , they are spectacular ( both ) so far ............start , run, idle , power good... (great) , no complaints ..........did pick up a ms 462 last week also at dealer will say they are light ....to be clear i did not buy the 462 just looking....:)

I have a 28” skip chain bar on my 575 Xp, it’s a tad slower than my 32” skip chain bar on my 390 Xp. Big wood bigger power heads. I don’t beat up smaller cc saws with longer bars.

A 572 should be ok with a 24” bar skip chain.

how are you liking it ? , ran the pop out of mine, wore lots of paint off the bar and the 572xp, buried 28 inch bar in Chinese elm, last weekend , they are spectacular ( both ) so far ............start , run, idle , power good... (great) , no complaints ..........did pick up a ms 462 last week also at dealer will say they are light ....

I love it.. Can't say enough good things about it! I burned eight tanks of fuel the first two days I had it, and it just got stronger and stronger. Very impressive saw!

BTW, I generally don't cut cookies like this, but I was enjoying watching this little saw eat wood like candy!

41N4xtH.jpg

I love it.. Can't say enough good things about it! I burned eight tanks of fuel the first two days I had it, and it just got stronger and stronger. Very impressive saw!

41N4xtH.jpg
nice ..the older i get the more i like the 550/346 series of saws ...the mII is a little beast..

Back