New toy/tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You’re right about that. I had to special order my stihl 24” light weight and I think it was $130. Plus the adapter to run it on the Makita. But it’s the only true 24” light weight bar.

Yeah. The whole middle section is empty. I don’t know why but stihl is the only company now who makes a true 24” light weight bar.

3003 000 2231

Here’s the part number. For some reason they are hard to find. I went to my dealer and provided the number. They had no idea it existed. Showed up in about ten days.

and the adapter
0E99FCAF-B803-435E-AD9F-EA4486831426.png

Well I finally got to run this Makita/Dolmar 7901 for most of today and all I can say WOW!! this thing runs like a violated gorilla. I also have new echo CS 590 that cuts and runs really well also but nothing like this Makita, I know the makita is bigger but the difference in power is much more noticeable but the weight isn't much different. I feel like the power to weight ratio is excellent. very very happy with this saw. having cut for the Forrest service for a few years and running lots of pro Stihls, I feel this makita is a a better saw (my opinion) and I don't dislike Stihls, I just feel this saw is more saw for the money.

Where did you find 22'' bar? i looked for that same bar online and no 22''.... not made anymore?

I bought it on eBay as a bar/chain combo. I got what I think is a good deal on it which was $59 shipped. It did come with the cheaper Archer chain but it’s been fine so far. It might have been a promo thing or something.

The eBay seller was “archerplus”. Below is a screenshot of the ad.

Attachments

• 59C31378-340F-4B7A-BE0D-3D5F2CAA3EFA.png
    59C31378-340F-4B7A-BE0D-3D5F2CAA3EFA.png
    369.5 KB · Views: 12
  • F7D734DC-0AC7-4AA0-9154-FD3613DF74FE.png
    F7D734DC-0AC7-4AA0-9154-FD3613DF74FE.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 8
Sweet, just found that same combo you have at that same price. you like the bar itself? good quality?

I like the bar a lot. Seems to be very good quality. I don’t have a whole lot of time on yet but I’d recommend it for sure at that price.

Can someone tell me if I can get smaller, less aggressive felling dogs for this 7901? I like them but don't need them to big. Any aftermarket or smaller Dolmar or Makita saw have some that will fit? Thanks!

They have smaller spikes in the EU. Don't think stateside dealers can order them, but there are folks on the chainsaw forums that are able and willing if you look around. Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 14.51.16.png

Nate(@fordf150) @ Performance Outdoor Equipment keeps the Stihl-->Dolkita adapters in stock usually. He is not only a makita/dolmar dealer, but also a Tsumara light and tough, and oregon dealer. He can get you hooked up with whatever parts and accessories you may need.

They have smaller spikes in the EU. Don't think stateside dealers can order them, but there are folks on the chainsaw forums that are able and willing if you look around. View attachment 764260

Yes!! That's the style I'm looking for!! The EU style pictured here. I believe the are the first set on the left. I wish I could find them.

Latest posts

Back