Let’s see your fall colors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to take pics at the cabin but some of the maples are vibrant already.

Here’s the black ash trees at work.

View attachment 759775
I'm ready to get this party started!
We've got a few maples in the area turning as well aa the poison ivy :eek::lol:.
I'll be sure to get some pictures.

My maples are barely changing color. Only color i have is sumac and ash.
You have ash left still.
I was just in a buddies neighborhood and was admiring a nice ash tree. They did a lot of spraying early on and saved it. My buddies doesn't look as nice, lots of damage but he says, "it's alive", I'd cut it down without thinking twice about it even if it was the only tree on my property :yes:.

You have ash left still.
I was just in a buddies neighborhood and was admiring a nice ash tree. They did a lot of spraying early on and saved it. My buddies doesn't look as nice, lots of damage but he says, "it's alive", I'd cut it down without thinking twice about it even if it was the only tree on my property :yes:.

I got one big one that is getting pushed out by bur oaks. Thought about cutting it down at least 5 times this year but I am going to let the oaks do the job and when the crown gets smaller I'll cut her. Got a pine the oaks are doing the same too. Only tree that seems to grow in the oaks is basswood.

This is about as “peak” as it’s going to get around here. Much of the hardwoods other than oak have been colored for three weeks and have lost many of their leaves. The oaks and many aspen have yet to turn.

Kind of crazy year here. It’s either 80 and humid as hell or cold and raining. Not the best autumn so far.

FB065281-E591-4FF5-B9B5-545883F4FFA9.jpeg

Loosing a lot of the cherry and locust leaves(locust are the last to get leaves and the first to start dropping them.
This picture was taken just after we got some rain yesterday. I mowed/blew the leaves off the yard not long after knowing we were getting more rain today and tomorrow, I'll do it again Friday most likely.
If you look closely you can see the logh ness monster :laugh:.
Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 6.07.52 PM.png

We are at prime color now.

It’s interesting as my home and cabin are roughly 35 miles away from each other. Cabin (further north) has a much higher variance with some trees still green and many bare trees where the trees around the house changed more uniformly.
View attachment 764191 View attachment 764192 View attachment 764190

At least you have a leaf season, Down here the leaves turn and start there winter long trickle down of leaves. They don't fall in a short time and I can rake them up and be done. No!!! They have to keep falling all winter long.

Just got back from 2 weeks at camp (see my post above from Oct 2018). The maple in the picture (actually they're almost all hard maples) above and just left of my little woodshed--this year it is entirely green with just one area, about a square yard or two, in the middle face of the tree that's gorgeous bright red. Don't have a clue what would cause that.

My wife took a photo with her phone, but I don't know if either of us know how to get it on computer. Old school and retarded here on that score. My phone still flips open, and I use it only when forced to.

Just got back from 2 weeks at camp (see my post above from Oct 2018). The maple in the picture (actually they're almost all hard maples) above and just left of my little woodshed--this year it is entirely green with just one area, about a square yard or two, in the middle face of the tree that's gorgeous bright red. Don't have a clue what would cause that.

My wife took a photo with her phone, but I don't know if either of us know how to get it on computer. Old school and retarded here on that score. My phone still flips open, and I use it only when forced to.
If your wife knows how to text it you could send it to me and I could share it.

Latest posts

Back