Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughter needed allergy medicine so I ran home for a couple of hours. Rotated tires on the truck while I was there. It’s a beautiful day outside, probably will end up being the nicest day of the whole fall.
truethat!mowed for the last time , took care of the hose's. coated the mobile home roof and looked at the wood pile that is still kinda low? … to nice out to just prepare for winter with out a thought of sneaking away to the fishing hole ? lol

Scrounged me up a future wood worker. All 6 pounds of him. Can’t wait to get him out in the woods!
1f7fb068e38d24eddb9adafd8d614769.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
! lol "congrat's" on the new wood splitter all 6# of him...

Have you had to rebuild the Ryobi yet? You’ve been running it 4-5 years now?

I haven't had a chance to look at it yet , the bar is not getting enough oil , on a first glance the oil holes on the bar look fine .
I'll give it a good cleaning this week and have a better idea .
Already a gallon and a half of mix through the new one .

My primary mower (a big Grasshopper zero-turn) acted funny a couple weeks ago, while mowing it buck and bulled after mowing over an acre, PTO acted like it was slipping...PTO off it ran fine, PTO on it bucks and bulls? Ok, put it next to the garage thinking it was a PTO switch, which I just replaced a month back.

No start ten minutes later, not a click, no nothing except for an ice cube relay with a slight buzz...ah, bad relay, replaced the relay, same thing...ok, has to be a limit/safety switch or something...short all the switches, nothing.

Put mower on my 40 year old Gravely, finish the job just fine, albeit a lot slower. I wasn't too worried, still have two mowers to go besides the Gravely.

Ponder over the situation a couple weeks...what would make that relay buzz? Only two things I know of, bad ground or low voltage. Get the VOM out tonight, 9.35 VDC, hmm? Try charging, nada.

Pull the battery, run to the parts house and he grabbed a new battery. "Hey fella, mind testing this old one just to prove the theory?"...9.3 VDC and 1 cranking amp, guess that might cause a problem. The battery failed while I was mowing, the alternator kept it running, pulling the PTO on drew too much amperage and pulled the voltage too far down (so it would buck and miss, and the PTO wouldn't engage fully).

New battery in, runs like new...moral of the story, "keep it simple, stupid".

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Scrounged me up a future wood worker. All 6 pounds of him. Can’t wait to get him out in the woods!
1f7fb068e38d24eddb9adafd8d614769.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations mate! It's a whole different ball game now. Not without its challenges but also a whole lot of fun :).

I had my chainsaw earmuffs on some nights sitting up with my little man when he had colic. Did more damage to my hearing than any chainsaw, I swear.

Many years ago, when I used to commute on Metro North from Brewster to NYC, I searched for my wallet when I got to Grand Central to get a subway token (yea, we used to use them).

No wallet … panicked that I left it home, I asked the Conductor if I could borrow subway fare from him (I was a regular, so he loaned it to me).

Then I got home, and my wallet was not there. For some reason, I refused to report everything lost and apply for new stuff (Licenses, credit cards, etc), and I just used money I borrowed from my wife.

About a week later I got on the same train, tried to remember about how many cars back I was, and what seat I was in. They had 3 different color seats, Red, Brown + Black, and I knew I was in a Black seat, on the left, almost half way back. I got in the seat and found my wallet, with everything in it, tucked between the seat and the side.

I informed the Conductor that I found it, and he just shook his head in disbelief! He said that they have hundreds of cars, they are unhooked and re hooked every night, in no particular order. That I got lucky enough to find the same car in the same place was beyond any probable odds. I guess it was just a good bit of luck that I found it, I was not even sure that I was in the right car, or the right seat!

That was the one and only time I lost my wallet, and I don't intend to let it happen again … it was scary!

My wife lost hers last year while grocery shopping, and had to re apply for everything … what a PITA!!!

Cowgirl and I went to see the Trevi fountain in Rome back in 2003. Story goes that you throw coins over one shoulder into the fountain to ensure your return. So we took photos of each other tossing coins into the fountain. That night we had a function on and I sat the camera down next to us in the back of the cab - where I surely left it. I realised just as the driver started to pull away and I reckon I did my fastest ever quarter mile chasing this taxi through the streets of Rome but never quite caught him. We then had to buy another camera and go back and take pics of the Trevi fountain again so I guess the old saying came true. Pity about the camera though.

Also, I was once playing aussie rules football in Melbourne and some @rsehole went through our changerooms during the game and pinched everyone's cash from their wallets. I had been given a nice wallet as a birthday present and so rather than just nick the cash like they did everyone else but they took my wallet as well. BUT, they pulled all my cards etc out of my wallet and stuffed them in my jacket pocket! Dirty stinkin thieves, but thoughtful dirty stinkin thieves.

I check my notifications first then I check the chainsaw, firewood, and off topic forums to make sure I didn’t miss anything good. Also to make sure one of my followed threads didn’t get missed.

Anytime I wake up to 40 plus notifications I know it’s someone that went through several pages of the Scrounging thread LOL.

Back