New "unwanted" Log drop - What kind is this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talk about looking at a gift horse in the mouth. Dropping wood off at your place of burning already bucked into rounds. For free. I’m surprised you don’t ask them to run it through a splitter first.

Looks like ash to me.
:laugh::laughing:

So I decided to block off my area because I didn't want any more logs (I need to clean up area first) and caught on camera was this tree guy moving my "barricade" and dropped off Logs without even telling me first!

Kinda frustrated but......... Looks like good wood. What kind is this? Hickory? Splits stringy and has a nice oak like scent to it.

I thought was ash by the yellowish bark color but I don't think it is.

First.... see the guy moving my cone and barrier?

3YmNxdCh.jpg

See the drop? I usually park my truck here.

asSJQnsh.jpg

Here's the wood...

g9AyMS3h.jpg

Nice cuts.

7DMvAUph.jpg

Close up of a Log

Hj7230yh.jpg

2 different kinds? 1 has smoothish bark and grayish, the other deeper ridges and yellowish. (little wet here)

RVdXi20h.jpg

The rings

XtPVJUEh.jpg

Inside of split

wYvMWnOh.jpg

Thanks guys

The b@stard! All that wood delivered for free, what's the world coming to? I'd lie in wait and shoot him next time. Or maybe give him beer.

Does look like ash (from my vantage point in the southern hemisphere). The smoother ones might have been rolled/dragged around and worn down a bit.

So I decided to block off my area because I didn't want any more logs (I need to clean up area first) and caught on camera was this tree guy moving my "barricade" and dropped off Logs without even telling me first!

Kinda frustrated but......... Looks like good wood. What kind is this? Hickory? Splits stringy and has a nice oak like scent to it.

I thought was ash by the yellowish bark color but I don't think it is.

First.... see the guy moving my cone and barrier?

3YmNxdCh.jpg

See the drop? I usually park my truck here.

asSJQnsh.jpg

Here's the wood...

g9AyMS3h.jpg

Nice cuts.

7DMvAUph.jpg

Close up of a Log

Hj7230yh.jpg

2 different kinds? 1 has smoothish bark and grayish, the other deeper ridges and yellowish. (little wet here)

RVdXi20h.jpg

The rings

XtPVJUEh.jpg

Inside of split

wYvMWnOh.jpg

Thanks guys
Ash and or Elm
I'd guess Ash though.
Great firewood.

Back