Echo top saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a 2511T and did a muffler mod and retune. Runs great so far. It does seem like its a little harder to cold start after I've messed with it.

I'm not sure if I'm flooding it or what. Its the only saw I have with a primer bulb, so I typically give it a few pumps, pull the choke, then pull till it fires. If I hold the throttle when I crank it seems to fire easier. It runs strong and once its warm it starts with one pull. Would the idle screw adjustment affect how easy it starts?

Working on two cs2511t saws. Got run running bit second one is giving me trouble. Put in carb kit and took the caps off. The saw starts right up and idles good but soon as you hit the throttle it dies but will start right back. I lost count of the settings of the hi/low . with the caps off what are your base settings for h/l screws? Carb is a wt-816.

Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• NEW ECHO NA_Carb Adj Man_071619.pdf
    1,021.7 KB · Views: 78
That's exactly what the climber told me Tuesday when he bought mine, except his company had bought the climbers the 201. That's a bundle of dough even more.

There is just no reason to charge the same cost for a 4kg minimalistic saw as a 5kg pro saw, less mass and less cost to make it - its over priced and that rules it out as I'm concerned.
I guess I just don't like to put unnecessary extra money in the pockets of the executives.

These saws improves drastically when you use a .043 bar and the new super narrow Oregon 3/8LP chain, the Echos I have all have .050 bars as stock.

There is just no reason to charge the same cost for a 4kg minimalistic saw as a 5kg pro saw, less mass and less cost to make it - its over priced and that rules it out as I'm concerned.
I guess I just don't like to put unnecessary extra money in the pockets of the executives.

Just because there's less mass and less volume does not mean it costs less to make. Generally speaking the smaller the form factor the more difficult and time consuming the manufacturing process becomes. Not to mention it takes more time in the engineering process which also needs to be recouped. It's also a low volume seller, which means it needs to recoup those costs over less units sold, that also drives up the price.

So there's lots of legitimate reasons why a top tier top handle saw would cost as much as a rear handle pro saw.

Just because there's less mass and less volume does not mean it costs less to make. Generally speaking the smaller the form factor the more difficult and time consuming the manufacturing process becomes. Not to mention it takes more time in the engineering process which also needs to be recouped. It's also a low volume seller, which means it needs to recoup those costs over less units sold, that also drives up the price.

So there's lots of legitimate reasons why a top tier top handle saw would cost as much as a rear handle pro saw.

Bulls#1t.
By all due respect sir :laughing:

That's a solid, very well thought out argument against my position backed up with personal knowledge or links to information backing up your position.

I have some experience in production and materials, I know a thing or two about production cost. So, why do you defend the executives of the stihl company to gather those extra money in their pockets?
Is it because if your'e a consumer you should be satisfied with the 193, or that if you're a company those extra pennies just don't matter because you want something that is sustainable?

Judging by your previous post, it seems to be an accurate description, so Yes, Yes I am

Doug :cheers:

Thank you sir, that's pretty arrogant. Good to know where you're at. You will receive what you give, sir :buttkick:I don't judge, I leave that to God.

Latest posts

Back