Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The instruction book for the 5-30 has a 20 page major overhaul section.
There's one on eBay for a reasonable price.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/323848641397
I don't have a working scanner right now but I could take pics of specific sections for you.
e30e46fae532da4f242ae9c9e2d30222.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

that book is on the way. thx.

belt has couple cracks. any out there?

Annihilated some firewood with a 922 today. Dropped the rakers a smidgen. As expected, it pulled like bananas. Chips Ahoy.

Cutting Oct 2019 (8).JPG

For kicks. This one is running a semi-fixed HS-151 variant. about 1/4 out on the H. Pretty light load in the wood. Had to set the camera on the ground. Not the best perspective.

Cutting Oct 2019 (10).JPG

I'm wrestling with a 180 Classic with the primer bulb in the fuel cap. Fires right off on choke, runs for a few seconds, then dies. New carb kit after a USC bath, good lines everywhere, no impulse obstruction, great spark. No vac/pressure test yet since I'm not quite sure how I'd block off the recessed exhaust port. But the other thing that has me scratching my head is the fuel cap primer arrangement. How is the cap supposed to screw on without kinking or otherwise constricting the hose to the extent that the air flow is cut off? I would assume the excess amount of attached line is supposed to accommodate the number of cap turns before closing off, but how much is there supposed to be? There's enough in this case to set the cap beside the saw while fueling, fwiw. Initially I could push the primer all day and not draw any fuel. Then I tried a few backward winds of the line before screwing the cap down and finally got fuel, but c'mon. Is that really how this is supposed to work? And would a pinched primer line cause running issues on one of these? I realize the choke symptom is probably unrelated, but who knows how this primer deal may affect vacuum with such a weird ass scheme? I sure don't.

I've seen some stupid designs before, and this saw has a few of em. (And at this point I'm seeing the oil and fuel line routing in my sleep!)

As usual, TIA for any enlightenment.

Hey guys. Stopped at the local auction house this morning and there are 2 model 17's there. Both had compression when I pulled them over. 1 might be missing the ?spark plug cover. Hard nose bars on both. Didn't see any mag rot through the dirt. Thoughts? Thanks.

Hey guys. Stopped at the local auction house this morning and there are 2 model 17's there. Both had compression when I pulled them over. 1 might be missing the ?spark plug cover. Hard nose bars on both. Didn't see any mag rot through the dirt. Thoughts? Thanks.
If the price is right grab um.

Terry built Homelite. It could be a points or electronic ignition. 77cc. Great torque reed valve saw. Tillotson HS carb. Auto and manual oiler

Well worth fixing up if it doesn't require too much. They will handle a 28" bar quite well.

It looks to be in pretty good shape under all the dirt.

IPL attached

Attachments

• homelite_super_xl-902_super_xl-910_chainsaw_ipl__1971__121856.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
Hi again. So I have been told that my Super XL 902 is a Canadian model, fitting as I am in Canada, but was wondering if by chance that anyone may be able to confirm that there was a comparable American model? And if so, may someone happen to have a service/shop manual for that. Even if someone had a service/shop manual for the Canadian version would also be greatly appreciated.

And after my first post, I went and checked, it does have spark! I am a bit happier.

Thank you.

Hi again. So I have been told that my Super XL 902 is a Canadian model, fitting as I am in Canada, but was wondering if by chance that anyone may be able to confirm that there was a comparable American model? And if so, may someone happen to have a service/shop manual for that. Even if someone had a service/shop manual for the Canadian version would also be greatly appreciated.

And after my first post, I went and checked, it does have spark! I am a bit happier.

Thank you.

I let Ray Benson know that you need the Homelite 4th Ed manual . The info in there starting at page 51 will cover your saw even though it's not mentioned in the index.

2 recent acquisitions in the past week - the little XL-1 from Langley,B.C. Canada -not often seen in the States,this earlier blue/white version of the popular 2.5 cube/41cc Super EZ Automatic of the early-mid 70's.Pretty much no difference except the SEZAO is the more familiar red/white/black color scheme.

Came with very good 16" hardnose bar,Stihl chain that has a little life in it.Needs some tinkering but runs pretty good,I'll replace that starter rope handle & that 1 missing bolt on starter housing before long.If this is anything like mine & most SEZAO's that are in good tune this snappy little beast pulls far above its weight class,great balance,very reliable & is much welcome when working smaller timber. I have a very nice 16" rollernose (smallest RN I own) that originally came with my blue XL-12,it'll be going on this now.

Plus this very clean XL103 from 1968,one of the nicest I've ever seen.Ebay find from Illinois.Runs decent,needs some minor tinkering.Seller's pics,I'll get some of it in the wood one of these days soon.Cant wait to try it out,should be similar performance-wise to my blue XL102 I'm thinking.In my parts stash I already have at least 2 NOS bucking spikes still in the package that fit this & almost a dozen other models.

DSC05306.JPG
DSC05307.JPG
DSC05308.JPG
DSC05309.JPG
Homie XL103 VERY CLEAN 001.jpg Homie XL103 VERY CLEAN 002.jpg Homie XL103 VERY CLEAN 003.jpg Homie XL103 VERY CLEAN 004.jpg

Back