SC252 AutoSleep disable

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAMMIXman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I have tried to disable auto sleep by removing the fuse in the capped connector under my machine’s hood. Then the wheel does not engage at all after I do that. I assume I am pulling the wrong fuse.

Any guidance? 2012 SC252

To disable the Auto Sleep lift the hood and near the tool box closest to the engine you will find a Black Box/Computer. In one of the heavy wires attached to this box you will find a fuse holder. It is black rubber maybe one inch square. Open it up and remove the spade style fuse, Close the fuse holder up and it is disabled. You are now in control of the machines cutting ability. Should you ever want to enable it just put the fuse back in the holder.

AMMIX, don't know if you remember or if this helps, but this was in the upgrades to SC252 thread. Are you in the right place and right wire by this decription?? Mine of course doesn't have the box in there so I can't help there, but I would make sure you didn't get the wrong one.

I still really need someone with an older machine or service manual to take a picture of their clutch switch or wiring diagram for my messed up switch. You were right on yours being too new for me. Is Plyscamp, Apextreeservice or Stumper63 still around here??

open the lid, reach in to the far right (front), and unplug one of the 3 (or4) plugs from the approx. 2"x2" box in the top right hand corner.

That is another description for you?? Maybe??

I too have been having troubles with the operator presence any ideas on how to disable anyone... it dose not appear to be the same simple soulution as removing the fuse for the sweep...hope this thread is still alive there has been some awsome info in here for 252 owners. cheers

This one was later on page 8

I did get the auto sweep disabled on Thursday, I meant to update this thread with a pic. I was previously looking for a fuse for the whole system, not just unplugging the controlling valve. Thank you @Arboristo! What a difference!!

With auto sleep disabled a 4.1” pulley is plenty different for me, I’ll opt to not go 3 or 3.5 I think. It’s so fast I embarrassed myself three times yesterday in front of a cleanup guy. Each time he goes calmly “ooooup”. I said hey I turned it up, tryin to get all 18 stumps done today, it’s movinbg faster than it I’m used to. First time I did a job with this particular landscaper, didn’t want to look like a newb.

I’ll include a picture for the connector for others to see if they wish. What I have done there is unplug it, tape each connector up individually to keep debris out, then taped them back together so nothing is flopping around over my corroding battery. Sorry it’s front facing camera only these days, chipped the cover on the back one.

Attachments

• 1364E4CB-5510-4AB5-8349-044142E1C532.jpeg
    1364E4CB-5510-4AB5-8349-044142E1C532.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Back