Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. Roughing it here in Daytona Beach. It's nice but all they have are palm trees and I don't see chimneys on any of these houses. Decent sunrise though. Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canucks and happy Columbus Day to the Muricans!
8fe02336c0142860917900dd78cbae8d.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Great picture Jeff.
Happy belated birthday.

Hey guys...what’s your average turnaround on orders from your local Husky dealer?

I’m on 2.5 weeks of waiting since I ordered that little saw from the dealer here. Should have paid extra to have Bob send it to me.
About a half hr! I call and order them to have it on the counter, if they don't I call another dealer:lol:.
Seriously I don't think I've ever ordered anything from a local dealer, if it's not in stock I call a different dealer or go to a different one. It's one of the nice things about having a bunch of saws, if something is wrong with one I just grab another, and I can wait for parts.
Nice of you to give them the business, have you called and asked what the holdup is. Would it have cost more getting it from Bob after the discount he would have given.

Hey, wood hauler update...all of you should take note for the older rigs.

Brake wheel cylinders were both trashed...one started leaking, so replaced both. See pictures of the "good" one attached...so if your braking is subpar, might be worth looking into.

Check your fuses on your old truck, I found the previous owner had replaced a lot of mine with 30a fuses...regardless of whether it called for a 5a or 30a, it got a 30a fuse.
c5fd148dc9773dc6361a83a5edee9272.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

About a half hr! I call and order them to have it on the counter, if they don't I call another dealer:lol:.
Seriously I don't think I've ever ordered anything from a local dealer, if it's not in stock I call a different dealer or go to a different one. It's one of the nice things about having a bunch of saws, if something is wrong with one I just grab another, and I can wait for parts.
Nice of you to give them the business, have you called and asked what the holdup is. Would it have cost more getting it from Bob after the discount he would have given.
I called them last week at the 2 week point. All I was told was the order was placed and it should show eventually.

I have ordered Oregon and Trilink parts from this place in the past....Two of the three orders never arrived. The third order they subbed in a Oregon RSN bar for the standard sprocket nose Trilink bar I ordered (triple the price). I told them I did not want that as I specifically ordered the TL bar to save $$.

I offered to buy from Bob, he told me to buy local because he couldn't beat list price on that model once shipped. At this point I would rather have paid shipping personally and had the item when I wanted it!

I called them last week at the 2 week point. All I was told was the order was placed and it should show eventually.

I have ordered Oregon and Trilink parts from this place in the past....Two of the three orders never arrived. The third order they subbed in a Oregon RSN bar for the standard sprocket nose Trilink bar I ordered (triple the price). I told them I did not want that as I specifically ordered the TL bar to save $$.

I offered to buy from Bob, he told me to buy local because he couldn't beat list price on that model once shipped. At this point I would rather have paid shipping personally and had the item when I wanted it!
Nice, maybe you need to do the half hr order too:sucks:.
Like I said before it's nice you gave them the business, but if they can't deliver what you ordered in a reasonable time, I'd order elsewhere. Another thing is get a set timeframe and if you pay for it ahead of time write it on the receipt, so it will be here on x date right!
It seems many places are happy to take your money for whatever the item is, then who knows when it will actually come, lots of places running under that "code":buttkick:.

I dont know exactly your saying happened. Cam failure? Bearing failure? Did a push rod roller seize and it destroyed to cam?

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
Not sure until it gets tore down. Metal flakes in the oil. Typically they drop a valve and take out a piston. Hope the block survived. Has to do with AFM system. For sure lifter went. Its never been a good idea Cadillac tried it in the 80's. Same lifespan.

Nice, maybe you need to do the half hr order too:sucks:.
Like I said before it's nice you gave them the business, but if they can't deliver what you ordered in a reasonable time, I'd order elsewhere. Another thing is get a set timeframe and if you pay for it ahead of time write it on the receipt, so it will be here on x date right!
It seems many places are happy to take your money for whatever the item is, then who knows when it will actually come, lots of places running under that "code":buttkick:.
I’m kind of stuck as I have three dealers to choose from; this place, TSC, and the other gives a bad vibe and charges full price for everything.

I don’t know what’s up with their special orders though. Almost like they take the order but never actually submit it.

Funny though because my friend had a real nice 357XPG that he burned up. Was trying to buy it from him. He brought it to them and they had it rebuilt in 3 days.

Reading through this today is what I needed. Felt like I was the only one who didn't really get anything accomplished this weekend due to fixing things that broke. Had to replace the rear brake pads on the truck. It wasn't too bad other than doing it at midnight Friday night since that's all the time I had. Noticed they'd been sticking a bit. Tried to loosen them up, put it back together. No dice. Drove it to town Saturday morning, still sticking. Luckily, Napa had a 25% off sale Saturday on anything that would fit in a bag. Nice! So, replaced both rear calipers Saturday evening. My dad came over to help bleed the lines. It actually didn't take too long. Then my brother and his wife brought Chinese carryout for supper.

Yesterday I started digging holes for our new deck. The auger stopped working. Luckily it was just a fouled plug. It's happened on it before. Got 2 holes dug and footers poured. Fought the other 2 holes like crazy! The clay is way too hard! Ended up calling it a day and poured some buckets of water in the holes. Hopefully they loosen up. Have off work the rest of week after tomorrow to get the deck done. Wife has minor surgery this afternoon. There's way too much going on! All I want to do is cut some wood!

I’m kind of stuck as I have three dealers to choose from; this place, TSC, and the other gives a bad vibe and charges full price for everything.

I don’t know what’s up with their special orders though. Almost like they take the order but never actually submit it.

Funny though because my friend had a real nice 357XPG that he burned up. Was trying to buy it from him. He brought it to them and they had it rebuilt in 3 days.

Probably need to hit a certain dollar level for free freight.

With that record of customer service I would never enter their door again. I would slso advise management that I would be relating my experience to all my friends.

Back