McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome, i too thought it was flooding but it was mentioned so why keep repeating. Your saw sounds great.
Thanks guys. This was my first Mac to rebuild. I know I need a starter handle but the bolt works for now. I also need a new snubber , anyone know where I can get one?

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Speaking of carburetor conundrum I replaced some check valves today, thank you to whoever suggested heating up the carb in the oven.20191011_085326.jpg
Had to redrill a hole after i mashed it shut removing the welch plug. Luckily an old friend that worked at NASA gave me some VERY small drill bits.

NorthEast Tennessee MAC Report

I am afraid I am going to lose my job as editor of the NET MAC Report. Not much MAC action and I accidentally erased most of the few pictures I took.

Wednesday night the 800 saw a little action bucking the stem of a large twin trunk red oak. 25" bar wasn't enough to reach the middle so we got what we could and saved the rest for another day.

Today was spent again pulling logs on Ash Hill. We did a little bit of cutting shortening obstacles - Brian with his 805 and me with the 800.

Brian
IMG_4692.JPG

800 ready to halve a beautiful Ash log that was wearing me out trying to get it up the hill.
IMG_4691.JPG

Ron

This valuable report is provided through the the generous support of MacNuts like you and Blind Squirrel Falling, one of America's greatest imaginary businesses.

Hi

Can someone school me on how these oiler systems work on the McCulloch 7-10A? It was doing my head in thinking why is there a vacuum actuated pump for a manual oil system and then I realised the A in 7-10A is for automatic oiling but it still retains a manual system as well. So it has two systems?

From what I can determine:

The oil pump mounted on the inside of the oil case is actuated by cylinder vacuum (what does that pump clamp on the end do as it seems I have to wedge it against the case wall to mount the pump in?). One hole is connected to the external manual plunger pump (I guess it pulls oil through the oil hose connected through the plunger pump?), the other goes to a second channel that exits near the bar studs to oil the chain.

There is the lever on the saw that actuates the manual pump plunger bolted on the outside of the case - the plunger draws oil through the oil hose and feeds the bar through the automatic oiler passage to the port that oils the bar.

Attachments

• IMG_0562.JPG
    IMG_0562.JPG
    333.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0563.JPG
    IMG_0563.JPG
    381.7 KB · Views: 8
I'm just glad I still have imperial tools as I have been shifting over to solely metric as this is the first exclusively imperial piece of equipment I have played with.

Hi

Can someone school me on how these oiler systems work on the McCulloch 7-10A? It was doing my head in thinking why is there a vacuum actuated pump for a manual oil system and then I realised the A in 7-10A is for automatic oiling but it still retains a manual system as well. So it has two systems?

From what I can determine:

The oil pump mounted on the inside of the oil case is actuated by cylinder vacuum (what does that pump clamp on the end do as it seems I have to wedge it against the case wall to mount the pump in?). One hole is connected to the external manual plunger pump (I guess it pulls oil through the oil hose connected through the plunger pump?), the other goes to a second channel that exits near the bar studs to oil the chain.

There is the lever on the saw that actuates the manual pump plunger bolted on the outside of the case - the plunger draws oil through the oil hose and feeds the bar through the automatic oiler passage to the port that oils the bar.
"McCulloch 10 series oiler"
Search that Mark did a write up.

My throttle linkage won't stay in the trigger on my 10-10s. Can I bend it a tad or should I just replace it?

Bend it. I have had to do it several times. The worse you can do is mess it up and have to buy another one, which is what your second choice is.

Brian
What i thought but wanted an opinion before I do. Just about got it tuned.

Today was great for my firewood. I got all my logs drug to the house and started cutting and splitting. I only got 2 trees cut up, one of those split the other just cut. I used my pm850 with 28" bar and stihl full chisel 3/8 pitch chain (not skip). Once i got it tuned it cut like crazy! Its newer to me with a brand new piston and rings and newly replated cylinder. I was impressed with the speed and power. One tree was walnut the other shagbark hickory. It was easy going to say the least. Had em both cut up in no time at all. Next week ill be trying different saws all week....i think ill be grabbing the 850 often though...haha

Did I miss you getting that 850 together? Glad it's a ripper again not a cheap exercise but worth it and it has at least 30 years of firewooding in her now

Did I miss you getting that 850 together? Glad it's a ripper again not a cheap exercise but worth it and it has at least 30 years of firewooding in her now
I may not have mentioned its all together, sorry..lol i did get a new piston and rings and a newly plated cylinder from a member here. Put it together and away it went. I finally was able to use it this past friday and after some fine tuning its a great runner. Ive got a homelite 28", sprocket tip bar on it and stihl chain. Its rather impressive. Fun to operate, when it opens up it does put on a good show! Im gonna compare it to the sp81 next week. I think theyd be very close in every way. Ill let you know.

WANTED: Looking for a PM850 piston & cylinder assemble or an "A" piston. I currently have an "A" piston/cylinder assembly with a toasted piston.

New to the site and unsure where to post this request.

Latest posts

Back