Full circle crankshaft

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrence Jefferson

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for a full circle crankshaft for a husky 385xp. I just ran my 372 in a woodsman's competition and it's a tough day when you have to race a bunch of 3120's . So my next step is to get a full circle crankshaft for my 385 that needs rebuilt and start there and work my way up. So if anyone knows where to find a crankshaft please point me in the rite direction.

You'll likely have to make one - Husqvarna hasn't made a full-circle version that I'm aware of. There's a couple ways to go about it, one being making an interference fit set of stainless steel rings to fit over the counterweights and shoulders of the
crank and then filling the gaps in with some sort of epoxy.

My opinion is the 385 will never beat a 3120 in competition if the same modification is done to each. The guys I call semi-pros, travel to a lot of the races and expect to win money every time. That is your money. They try to pull a saw out of their trailer that will win but not by so much that you get discouraged. It makes you come back for more and improve each time but never quite enough. Winning races now takes great saws and fantastic chain.

Rupedoggy, I could care less if I win or not my satisfaction is knowing I can build something that makes them spend more of their money buying better saws. I'm pretty sure all the saws I ran against this weekend were all bought except mine witch I built and sharpened the chain myself. I could have won if the rest of the runners cut out or lost a chain. Not the way to win but it happens in racing. I enjoyed the few older guys asking me about my saw and when I told them u built it and sharpened my own chain they all said good job. My saw cost me $200 to buy in a box and build. I'm sure the saws I was against were worth way more than that.

Rupedoggy, I could care less if I win or not my satisfaction is knowing I can build something that makes them spend more of their money buying better saws. I'm pretty sure all the saws I ran against this weekend were all bought except mine witch I built and sharpened the chain myself. I could have won if the rest of the runners cut out or lost a chain. Not the way to win but it happens in racing. I enjoyed the few older guys asking me about my saw and when I told them u built it and sharpened my own chain they all said good job. My saw cost me $200 to buy in a box and build. I'm sure the saws I was against were worth way more than that.
I don't know much bout saw racing but with that attitude I bet ya start winning any way. Working hard at something and succeeding is easy when its fun...and ya got some of your own sweat in it!

good luck
the can

Latest posts

Back