Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeez maybe that black walnut really is highly valuable!
41e8a9f42addab5ff720b718510a9209.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
You have to try that!

Been a while fella. Had a great weekend getting away from work and getting my hands dirty up at the cabin. Always fun spending time with my Uncle. To my four nephews that came to help, Mustang Mike is a living legend View attachment 765859View attachment 765860View attachment 765861View attachment 765862
Great pictures Matt. Good the way you guys take care of your elders :).
That grace ice and water is some nasty stuff ain't it, really sticks down if you let it. When I use it I don't peal the backing, you'll never get it off :surprised3:.

Don't get me wrong I love the 420hp.

There are many that lose a lifter~>valve~>piston at 75-100k and general consensus is AFM system is the cause. Delete is $400 but voids the warranty so... Not really a fix for most.

I have a couple different friends who have used car lots and junk yards so I hear about common issues a lot. They avoid 1/2t chevs 2007~up and the main reason is the heads are so expensive to have done. Which almost always self destruct without warning.

Kinda like the caravan transmissions some got lucky mine had 3 transmissions at 33k. Ford focus same deal.
Dang bro.
Do you play the lottery, you're lucks gotta change sooner or later :yes:.
Was it the 05/06 that had the great diesel engine in them.

Not sure my last diesel was an 02 Redneck limo. If I ever buy another diesel probably be a good ole NT14+ Cummins. I don't put enough miles on to justify a diesel pickup.

Toyota's been good to me...
They are expensive to buy/run/maintain :envy:.
My old 99 suburban does pretty good if the intermittent no start would go away :rare2:. Thought I had it fixed last week or the week before with a coil, but then it acted up again. It will all work out just fine though :yes:.

They are expensive to buy/run/maintain :envy:.
My old 99 suburban does pretty good if the intermittent no start would go away :rare2:. Thought I had it fixed last week or the week before with a coil, but then it acted up again. It will all work out just fine though :yes:.
Does it have troubles starting on moist days?

Yep. Help a brother out out :).
I have a lifetime cap and rotor, gonna change that again too as it will miss under load.
Well mine was a cracked coil. But clearly you have a weak link in the electrical department.

Don’t those have a crank position sensor that is also suspect?

Try the cap and rotor again?

Well mine was a cracked coil. But clearly you have a weak link in the electrical department.

Don’t those have a crank position sensor that is also suspect?

Try the cap and rotor again?
I put the coil on from my parts suburban, it didn't fire right away, I thought it may have been flooded a bit. Next time it acts up I'll spray it with wd-40 and see what it does. That coil didn't seem like it had the best spark either so it very well may be cracked.
Could be the cap again, they stink on this model, that's why I bought the higher performance one with lifetime replacement on it from autozone.

Looks great Brett!! You have some good helpers! Don’t need to smile if they can pack wood like that, lol.
Hey Nate.
Yes, I told them if they wanted me to leave those trees for them to climb on they had to help, they been working pretty hard :clap:.
Thats a nice sized stick of black locust, not real light, I offered to cut it in half and he said nah :laugh:. I don't make him smile, he does a lot, just not in pictures. Having happy kids is better than kids fake smiling for a camera ;).

View attachment 765879

Guess it does not take long for fuel selling at $20+ per gallon to generate some competition! We win!

Philbert
Not sure I'd be feeling like I won :envy:.
But if you don't use much mix then I guess it's not the worse thing ever, still cheaper than repairs because of ethanol :eek::sucks:.

Just bought this, should mix up a couple batches of fuel :sweet:.

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 12.40.35 AM.png

Matt is the only one that calls him HopSing, making fun of himself for the cooking he does. In addition to working real hard, and bringing up a hard working crew of his Nephews, he kept us all well fed … Steak for dinner and bacon and eggs for breakfast. It was great! Of course, I added some Black Cherry to the fire before grilling the steaks!

The two youngest ones also got involved in splitting wood … it was refreshing to watch! All good kids!

With temps in the upper 30s at night, we had a decision to make. Either only partly load the wood stove and risk being cold in the morning, or, (what we did) fully load the wood stove, almost close the damper, and leave the upstairs windows open. Worked real well, was comfortable all night and still warm in the morning … including the coffee pot that stays on the warmer all night long.

I'm wearing the TM shirt in the cards picture, and the plaid shirt (with my back to you) in the fire picture.

We played 2 games of 500 Rummy with 3 of us. Matt was disappointed I won both times. I used to make my spending money up at college playing 500 Rummy for a penny a point. There were a few guys in the International House (which was next to my dorm) that were obsessed with trying to beat me. It kept me in spending money! My Mom taught his Dad and I that game when we were young, and I learned it well!

Latest posts

Back