Couple new bears

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wooly

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My dad passed away last month so I haven't had a whole lot of time for carving now that taking care of my elderly mother has become my full time job.
When I do find a couple hours while she's napping I still manage to crank out a few bears that I never have any trouble selling as fast as I can make them. Although I said I've had enough of the bears already, it just seems like the logical choice of carves now with my limited time, and little time to sit down and come up with new ideas.
I've got these down to 3 hours of labor into each now from the first cut, to the final coat of varnish without any short cuts, so even tough I'm not crazy about making them any more, they are still profitable and keep me running the saws which is my time to unwind!
bar1.jpg
bar2.jpg
bar3.jpg
bar4.jpg
bar5.jpg
bar6.jpg
bar7.jpg

My dad passed away last month so I haven't had a whole lot of time for carving now that taking care of my elderly mother has become my full time job.
When I do find a couple hours while she's napping I still manage to crank out a few bears that I never have any trouble selling as fast as I can make them. Although I said I've had enough of the bears already, it just seems like the logical choice of carves now with my limited time, and little time to sit down and come up with new ideas.
I've got these down to 3 hours of labor into each now from the first cut, to the final coat of varnish without any short cuts, so even tough I'm not crazy about making them any more, they are still profitable and keep me running the saws which is my time to unwind!
View attachment 765944
View attachment 765945
View attachment 765946
View attachment 765947
View attachment 765948
View attachment 765949
View attachment 765950
AWSOME job, the bears are nice too!:rock:

Back